Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the best 1/4 mile time is out of you guys. The Supra can be modified and tuned up and can be any model. Thanks

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't know exact time but it's somewhere in the 8's, but drag times aren't everything! Hell what's the point of having an 8sec car if you can only drive it on a track(most sub-10sec cars are trailer queens and aren't even "driven" to the track... instead they are hauled), and on top that it's just straightline acceleration, not tryin to dis Supras by any means it's still a performer on a road course, but it seems like since that stupid movie Fast&Furious came out all people care about is 1/4 times, hell if you want straightline performance get a bike, it's a LOT cheaper and a LOT more of a thrill. BTW if you notice that I have a VR4, the only reason that our best time is a 10.81 is because there hasn't been one made specifically for drag yet while the majority of unibody Supras that are in the 9's are essentially "drag" tuned cars. With some of the projects I've seen at my "home" board 3si.org it will be good to see what the upcoming "race" season has in store for us.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
HKS has a 7second Supra... hell it might even be in the 6s now, who knows... its got a Lexus V8 in it though, so its not really a Supra :D

·
666 Posts
Top 50 IRS MKIV Supras
  1. [email protected] Dusty Womack MVP/Powerhouseracing Auto Quick Class
  2. [email protected] Paul Efantis Bullish Racing Auto/Powerglide Quick Class
  3. [email protected] Larry Prebis Sound Performance Auto 9.54 Video Quick Class
  4. [email protected] Ara Arslanian Bullish Racing Videos here Quick Class
  5. [email protected] Veilside of Japan Sequential Quick Class
  6. [email protected] SW Turboimports/Performance Motorsports 9.81 Video Quick Class
  7. [email protected] Anonymous Sound Performance Auto
  8. [email protected] George Moustackas Performance Factory Auto Quick Class
  9. [email protected] Marko D. Sound Performance Auto Quick Class 10.0 on Drag radials
  10. [email protected] Humberto Aubi Dynamic Turbo Auto Quick Class
  11. [email protected] 144 Vinny Ten Performance Factory Quick Class
  12. [email protected] Jarret H. Powerhouse Racing(Red car) Auto 9.91 video Quick Class
  13. [email protected] Ben Blalock Powerhouse Racing(Silver Car) Auto ESPN Video Quick Class
  14. [email protected] Rhys Millen UPRD Quick Class
  15. [email protected] Billy Cha Street Class
  16. [email protected] Albert Diaz Street Class
  17. [email protected] Henry Nguyen Auto SGP Racing Street Class
  18. [email protected]? Byron ?
  19. [email protected] Jerry Vodden Sound performance Auto Quick Class
  20. [email protected] Mark Cooper Sound Performance Auto Street Class 10.3 on BFG's
  21. [email protected] Saad Saad Quick Class
  22. [email protected] Brad Daley Quick Class
  23. [email protected] Angel Robles Titan Motorsports Quick Class
  24. [email protected] Al Canada South Florida Performance Quick Class
  25. [email protected] Guilly Polo Street Class nittos
  26. [email protected] Rickard C. Powerhouse Racing Quick Class
  27. [email protected] Tripp Tatum Quick Class
  28. [email protected] Dave Jusko RPS/World Electronics10.47 Video here Quick Class
  29. [email protected] Jesus Rivera Quick Class
  30. [email protected] Kirk MZM International Street Class Auto
  31. [email protected] Gary Grossman Sound Performance Auto Quick Class
  32. [email protected] Ryan Woon
  33. [email protected] Jimmy P.
  34. [email protected] Chris Johnson Turboimports/PerformanceMotorsports
  35. [email protected] Greg Baker GTSMotorsports
  36. [email protected] Stephen Jessie
  37. [email protected] Kristian Maajola
  38. [email protected] Billy Barr
  39. [email protected] Dave Andino SpeedCraft Engineering Auto
  40. [email protected] Michael Hadley
  41. [email protected] Roberto M. Auto Sound performance
  42. [email protected] Rob Skora Sound performance
  43. [email protected] Bumble Bee Supra
  44. [email protected]??? Jose ? Toyomoto
  45. [email protected] Al Stanek Sound performance
  46. [email protected] Dave Henry Sound performance Auto
  47. [email protected] Steve Hodges Sound performance
  48. [email protected] Mark Tozer
  49. [email protected] Jeremy McMahan
  50. [email protected] Tim D.

[/list=1]

And this small list is of 2JZ powered tubbed and pro-import class cars. Cause we all know that no matter what the shell is, it has the heart of the MKIV Supra

[email protected] Jimmy O'connor Venom Tacoma Pro-Import

[email protected]? Area 51 Lexus Coupe Pro-Import

[email protected] Vinny Ten Supra Outlaw

[email protected] Craig Paisley Supra Outlaw

[email protected] Stanley Souffant MKIII Quick class

[email protected] HKS V8TT Drag Supra

[email protected] Blast Racing's twin turbo V-8 Lexus 2700' altitude

Special thanks to mkiv.com, Turboimports, Bullish racing for video links

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
MADMKIV - always coming thru for us...nice!

Only thing...cooper ran 10.3's on BFG drag radials...I think he has some hatred for nitto's! haha....and 10.20 on slicks.

Jay

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WTF? now what's the point of that.... he could've just gotten a Supra and decked it out for how much it probably cost him to put a 2JZ in his "Rex", and I mean c'mon, why the engine of your biggest competitor in your car?.... either it's a case of "if you can't beat 'em join em" or someone that has too much money for their own good.... give me some then... maybe i'll put a 3-rotor RX7 motor in my VR4, or i'll just keep w/ the AWD scheme and just throw in a Skyline motor :p

But then again w/ the dependability of "Rex's" and their rotaries(or lack thereof) I guess he might be goin for the best of ALL worlds.... the weight and looks of a Rex with the dependability of a 2JZ.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VR400+hp said:
w/ the dependability of "Rex's" and their rotaries(or lack thereof) I guess he might be goin for the best of ALL worlds.... the weight and looks of a Rex with the dependability of a 2JZ.
bingo

·
Registered
174 Posts
VR400+hp said:
WTF? now what's the point of that.... he could've just gotten a Supra and decked it out for how much it probably cost him to put a 2JZ in his "Rex", and I mean c'mon, why the engine of your biggest competitor in your car?.... either it's a case of "if you can't beat 'em join em" or someone that has too much money for their own good.... give me some then... maybe i'll put a 3-rotor RX7 motor in my VR4, or i'll just keep w/ the AWD scheme and just throw in a Skyline motor :p

But then again w/ the dependability of "Rex's" and their rotaries(or lack thereof) I guess he might be goin for the best of ALL worlds.... the weight and looks of a Rex with the dependability of a 2JZ.
Actually, if you are looking for maximum drag strip performance, this is not a bad idea. The RX 7 is quite a bit lighter than a Supra. RX7s also hook well. I think the results speak for themselves.

I wonder how difficult the conversion is?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, I read in a magazine where they did it and they said it was extremelly difficult. I think it was SP Engineerings projectcar. They call it the Supra-7.

·
666 Posts
nytemyst said:
i recently read suprastore.com top 1/4 times and mark cooper from sound performance just did 8.89 was that done on slicks and full interior?
Now I see the problem... You're illiterate:eek: Let me help you out:
http://suprastore.com/top2514miles.html

No. 1 Marko D. (D as in doggie) - 8.89 @ 151.00 - Chicago - SupraStore.com / Sound Performance *******this run is also considered false per Marko himself********

No. 9 Mark Cooper - 10.20 @ 133mph - Sound Performance, IL

Got it? now for the last time... please leave the forum with your misinformation

·
Registered
111 Posts
OMG, its actually true that he ran 8's??? Thats amazing. There was so much confusion if he actually ran that, but if Tozer put it up, he probably verified it. If your reading this Marko, Congrats.

-amir

p.s. Shouldn't it be SP88 instead of T80 under the link for Marko, just wondering.

·
Registered
53 Posts
MADMKIV said:

Now I see the problem... You're illiterate:eek: Let me help you out:
http://suprastore.com/top2514miles.html

No. 1 Marko D. (D as in doggie) - 8.89 @ 151.00 - Chicago - SupraStore.com / Sound Performance *******this run is also considered false per Marko himself********

No. 9 Mark Cooper - 10.20 @ 133mph - Sound Performance, IL

Got it? now for the last time... please leave the forum with your misinformation

you see you're a hyprocrite other post you talk about ask questions. i ask a question and make a simple mistake because i didnt bother read the last name oh no sue me. you got some problems were you picked on when you were going to school? if thats the case then its ok keep being an asshole and relieve your stress. i'm here for you msg me anytime thru aim i'll help you go thru this whole ordeal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah but i'm not stubborn you kindly point me in the direction and thats it. it leads to less headaches and meaningless posting. I dont mind saying i am wrong or anything. i dont like people calling me stupid or whatever for no reason. like most people i'm still trying to learn more about a 2jz. I want to eventually get one myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts