Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to MIR yesterday to try out the new found horsepower and had a great time. A big thanks to Paul, Krystos, and the MSP crew for their time, help, tips, and the invite to the track. It was great to hang out with a big name crew like that and everyone was great to talk and hang out with. My best MPH was 129 and best ET was 11.04. I couldnt really get my 60 ft. down for some reason. I really need a lot more seat time. Using MT drag radials. They felt nice and stickey, I just couldnt quite get it out of the hole except the one time. Boy does it feel good when you do it right. :sadance: The 11.04 run was my 10 second shot, I wasnt ready to shift that last gear and hit the rev limiter before I hit the finish line, so I shoved in the clutch and coasted through. The rain rolled in and the MSP guys were kind enough to let me hang out in thier truck, thanks guys! Anyway, when the rain stopped, I was heating the tires up, wheel hopping badly and now the driveshaft is a pretzel. So racing was over and I had to haul her home today. Better luck another day.

·
Registered
200 Posts
car looked pretty good... I was the guy that was at the yellow promod vette and kept yelling "light em up" everytime you went past :)...get that shaft in and go for a 10..
Greg

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Greg. Ill get that 10 sooner than later. Ive never been to a track rental like that before, but I can see thats the only way to go. Ill keep my ears open for those rental days and next time I race that far from home, the car will arrive on a trailer. :)

·
Banned
341 Posts
Get some E/T streets. From what I can gather, drag radials on a 6 speed is a recipe for lots of broken stuff.

Good luck with the 10s!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
yep wheel hoping dr's and 6spd pretty much asking to spend some money replacing driveline parts...et streets will be easier on rear, clutch, etc..jus run et' and def skinny's up front to keep away from the wall..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vntperformance said:
Nice to meet you Jason, you did very well till the incident!

-Val :)

Nice to meet you too Val. Its good to meet more Supra guys. I sure we'll meet again at the track. Hey I like the new picture in you sig. :bigthumb:

Iggy, yeah these are some nice numbers from Ebay stuff. There is still the question on how long it all lasts, but Ive been running well for 6 months. We'll see how long it runs 28psi.

More than likely, Ill put a stock driveshaft back in it and run'r again. Setting up right inthe water box will help greatly. Not a single hop when launching.

·
Registered
258 Posts
vntperformance said:
Nice to meet you Jason, you did very well till the incident!

-Val :)

Val
Those are some nice looking rear wheels, where you get them :1poke:

Tripp

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Sorry to hi-jack your thread Jason!

LETHAL RX7: Thanks, where were you or what were you in?

tripp 97tt: You....fool! :lol:

vnt :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LETHAL RX7 said:
Hey jason.. what stuff is ebay stuff?? which items did you buy?
Greg

Greg,

Master Power T-70
Hybrid 3 row intercooler kit. (from ebay, pipes and all fit perfect)
Ebay exhaust manafold
Ebay Wastegate 46mm
Ebay 3" downpipe

I need to get this stuff in my sig. :)

Jason

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Driveshaft

Jason,

Thats awesome! I would still be wary of running on drag radials and think ET Streets will give you more bite and less worrries! Good luck and let me know when you are heading down to Mason Dixon.

Staats

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
LexISpooled said:
and def skinny's up front to keep away from the wall..

I've never heard this before.... skinnies help you avoid the wall? How so- better steering?

I always thought the purpose of skinnies was just for less weight! :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Jason Rush said:
I went to MIR yesterday to try out the new found horsepower and had a great time. A big thanks to Paul, Krystos, and the MSP crew for their time, help, tips, and the invite to the track. It was great to hang out with a big name crew like that and everyone was great to talk and hang out with. My best MPH was 129 and best ET was 11.04. I couldnt really get my 60 ft. down for some reason. I really need a lot more seat time. Using MT drag radials. They felt nice and stickey, I just couldnt quite get it out of the hole except the one time. Boy does it feel good when you do it right. :sadance: The 11.04 run was my 10 second shot, I wasnt ready to shift that last gear and hit the rev limiter before I hit the finish line, so I shoved in the clutch and coasted through. The rain rolled in and the MSP guys were kind enough to let me hang out in thier truck, thanks guys! Anyway, when the rain stopped, I was heating the tires up, wheel hopping badly and now the driveshaft is a pretzel. So racing was over and I had to haul her home today. Better luck another day.

It is amazing how the stock drive shaft fails first and that rubber dougnut thing that connects it to the diff seems always hang tough.

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
Craig King said:
I've never heard this before.... skinnies help you avoid the wall? How so- better steering?

I always thought the purpose of skinnies was just for less weight! :lol:

Well he could of worded it a lil better! Skinnies help you track better and keep the car straight down the track with taller rear tires/side walls/drag tires! Help with the Sway issues of tall tires!

Congrats Jason on the times, but remember stuff like that is gonna happen. When you start dragging your car or if you are pushing some decent Hp's, go ahead and start Hauling it. Yeah you might get away with not breaking stuff sometimes but its always good to be ready!
Throw you a Th400 in that thing and knock your times down a second.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts