Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the HKS chrono DB package and figure the best spot is the A pillar since the dash has the VPC GCC and Profec.
Are ALL pods created equal? or is there a prefered brand or vendor?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I agree!

I agree...the LoTek is a nice piece and looks factory. I have one in my car with 60mm gauges...here's a pic..

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
Yup, they are best.
They even shipped to me in Sweden.
Good Prices and fast shipping, painted in same interier color...
I have same , 3x60 mm

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Can these A pillar gauge holders be installed by just removing the stock a pillar cover without any cutting or drilling into stock parts?

·
1100+rwhp member
1,728 Posts
Where can I get that tripple 60mm lotec a-pillar pod?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
I posted it, bur Brad deleted it.

It is $49.99 + $7.99 to have it painted satin.

You will just have to IM or PM me for the link I guess.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
I cant believe you guys actually praise that POS. Lotek is just that....LOW TECH, doesnt fit worth a shit, you have to trim, drill into your factory pillar....just junk IMO. I dont like mine, but there really isnt anything else out there. I would gladly pay $100+ for one that actually fits correctly, and uses the factory "snap" style mounting.

Jason

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
yea can we compare the units out there. i know MVP and I think Titan sells one as well. Has anybody tried more than one of the these units? I know they don't fit as well with hardtops.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you

·
rockin' the JDM duct tape
521 Posts
HotSoup said:
I cant believe you guys actually praise that POS. Lotek is just that....LOW TECH, doesnt fit worth a shit, you have to trim, drill into your factory pillar....just junk IMO. I dont like mine, but there really isnt anything else out there. I would gladly pay $100+ for one that actually fits correctly, and uses the factory "snap" style mounting.

2nd. Mine doesn't fit right and is warped. The screws provided to install it look bad. The color does match FWIW.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
supra_stan said:
Why the preference for the Lotec over the gauge pod MVP sells??
Because they charge you $95 for it, and it's finished in the cheap shiney plastic finish. I ordered a triple from them years ago, and if I remember, they just resold the Lotek unit, but $~35 more.

HotSoup said:

Jason
You have the option of installing it over the factory pillar, or just removing it and installing the Lotek piece solely. I didn't have to trim or drill anything. Your pod should have come with the black screw caps, and at least on my setup, you can't see any of the caps unless you tilt your head in the manner where you are trying to look for a french fry in the passenger floor board.

·
Part of the MSB club
1,393 Posts
I'll be making some fiberglass and carbon fiber ones here pretty soon. When I get my first one done I'll let you guys take a look at it to see if you like them.

·
Chii Racing Culture
3,396 Posts
yeah i just picked up the lotek 3 gauge 60mm pillar and i tried it on & there is no adjusting at all... perfect fit!! now i just have to spend $1000 on gauges! so ill post pix up when i get everything on!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.