Supra Forums banner

Best Bang for Buck Struts and Springs

779 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  AlexSmith 
#1 ·
What i'm looking for are some good quality struts for cheap and some good springs maybe eibach pro's...anyone have some good recommendations...if i could have anything i would want the tien ss full coilovers but since i am going to be selling my car at the end of the summer...i dont wanna dump a bunch of money into it...
thanks,
andrew

#6 · (Edited)
i agree if i was keeping the car i should go with full set of coilovers but since i am planning on selling the supra by the end of the summer i see no reason in putting 1k in my car for coilovers..but if i was keeping it i would def save up for tein ss.

anyone out their replaced their ball joints..i am going to replace both of my ball joings and do the struts at the same time...how many hours does it take to repace the ball joints..

sounds like the kyb's are the way to go....anyone out their running kyb's and eibach pro's? if so..how do you like them?

#7 ·
I haven't done my ball joints yet, but I will when I get my D2 coilovers in.... Although, when you have the shock spring assembly off I can't imagine it being very hard. I'm also doing a bushing kit and replacing other misc parts.

#10 ·
AlexSmith said:
If your selling it at the end of summer, why are you even planning to do this?
i second that...why put money in that you probably cant get completely out?

id just try and find some used stockers or something that can be temps so it will run fine for awhile. or atleast dont upgrade too much cause its not gonna help the resale at all.

#11 ·
Lower ball joints will take you 15-20 mins to change. Fairly easy to do.

andrew18 said:
i agree if i was keeping the car i should go with full set of coilovers but since i am planning on selling the supra by the end of the summer i see no reason in putting 1k in my car for coilovers..but if i was keeping it i would def save up for tein ss.

anyone out their replaced their ball joints..i am going to replace both of my ball joings and do the struts at the same time...how many hours does it take to repace the ball joints..

sounds like the kyb's are the way to go....anyone out their running kyb's and eibach pro's? if so..how do you like them?

#13 ·
Tokiko blues and Eibach springs FTW.

Best bang for your cash, thats what I've got.

#14 ·
I went with Koni yellows and eibach. Kept on the softest setting, and been great for street use IMHO.

#15 · (Edited)
I have koni's and h&r springs...springs are excessively low, oem front lip being no more than 2 inches from the ground. but its stiff as hell and great for the corners
that is with no motor or transmission, you can get the idea of how low it is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.