Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sadwavey: :sadwavey: :sadwavey: Hey guys I am not positive if this is the right area to be posting this if not please move to where needed! Thanks

Me and a friend have working together in putting together a 2JZ 240sx and was wondering who makes the best turbo kit for the best price. We are looking for either a 61mm or 67mm setup DBB with an equal length manifold if possible. We are looking fro something complete meaning oil lines nuts and bolts allt the little deatils to go along with it to make it easier. If you guys could name the companys and the price off there kits it would be very helpul.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
204 Posts
Boost Logic is very hard to beat in the "bang for buck" category.

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok they are who we were leaning towards in the first place do you guys have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
88 Posts
PHR street kit. A bit pricey, but probably one of the best quality and most complete "bolt on" kits available. Love mine!

·
2j GT4294 stickersadd20hp
1,594 Posts
+2 on Boost Logic If you looking for a New setup. They have some amazeing setups and the Fitment is Oneoff. Their Kits always are straight bolton not mod. what so ever.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,873 Posts
Most bang for the buck kits utilize a log style EM and smaller trim turbos. The for sale section has great deals though. Power goals should be considered as well

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so we dont need to go DBB which will save us some money there. Only reason we are going cheais we plan on drifting this car and not giving a shit about it really just to run the piss out of it. I think we are leaning more towards the SP kit Ithink we will eb able to get more help from the shop itself they seem to have a better customer service and would be willing to help us with any questions. Cananyone on here vouch for Sound Performance.

·
Big Things Happening Soon
1,051 Posts
I like the Greddy T88h kit. It has alot of components that can be re-used when you decide to change turbo's ect...

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
T88 is a nice kit but way to big for all we need we might try and stay 61mm becasue we are just drifting no need for excessive amounts of power needed 450-500 should be fine. Where should we look to just to piece one together.

·
Big Things Happening Soon
1,051 Posts
T88 is a nice kit but way to big for all we need we might try and stay 61mm becasue we are just drifting no need for excessive amounts of power needed 450-500 should be fine. Where should we look to just to piece one together.
Call Sean at Titan and tell him to sell you a pieced out Greddy kit w/o the turbo they always have it. Their maniflds in my opinion is the best T4 out there.

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok ill look into the greddy manifold but I would really like to run a Tial V-Band style wastgate on the car and the greddy manifold runs a bolt style one to use there wastegate.

·
JetFire
5,295 Posts
Ok ill look into the greddy manifold but I would really like to run a Tial V-Band style wastgate on the car and the greddy manifold runs a bolt style one to use there wastegate.
You could start with classifieds here. This is the setup I would go with

Drewgo Manifold $3XX
PT 61 Turbo $5XX to $9XX
Tial 44mm gate $3XX
E*ay DP/MP $2XX
BL Oil Line Kit $1XX
E*ay 4" Pipe/Filter $1XX
Misc. $XXX (Walbro?? Fittings?? etc??)

Look to spend about $2000 in parts, I'm not sure what you plan for tuning but safcII/gforce/VPC is a decent combo for your goals or maybe just bcc/safcII on stock ecu.

You can always cut off 4 bolt flange and weld on vband flange, that's what I'm doing. There's a 4 bolt to vband adapter available also.

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks cherplex

From what you showed piecing one together seems to be the better cheaper route to go.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts