Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I try searching and could not find it so please help. What is the best location for a blow off valve if you are NA-T still using MAF? Also can I run 7psi on the stock injectors?

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
the closer you are to the throttle body, the better... BUT, you don't want the BOV too close to the turbo because the excessive heat could cause BOV failure. So, usually anywhere on the cold side (after intercooler) intercooler piping is fine. :gaysex:

G

·
Yeah what dejacky said, on the pipes going from the IC to the TB is the best location. You draw vacuum for the BOV actuator from the intake manifold.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I heard that the closer you put the BOV to the turbo the better. Reason being is, when the BOV is put closer to the TB you are venting out cooled air. When it's closer to the turbo you are venting air that hasn't been cooled by the intercooler. So next to TB=cold air being vented, next to turbo=hot air being vented.

·
StrokerClub Member
550 Posts
HTB said:
I heard that the closer you put the BOV to the turbo the better. Reason being is, when the BOV is put closer to the TB you are venting out cooled air. When it's closer to the turbo you are venting air that hasn't been cooled by the intercooler. So next to TB=cold air being vented, next to turbo=hot air being vented.
Why do you care about the temp of the air being vented?

gadgetSC-t

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
HTB said:
Why vent cold air, when hot air can be vented. The colder the air the better the performance.
:wtflol:
:ugh2:
You arent using that air dude.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts