Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I run the EVC EZII. I have heard the AVC-R is suspect and you pay for too many "bells and whistles" that the average driver will never use

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Are you getting boost creep because your EBC isn't working well, or because your wasgetage is too small for your turbo?

Question is kind of vauge though. What do you mean by "best"? The most programmable? The most options? Most stable? Cheapest? Which options do you plan to use? Do you need a display that monitors other parameters?

There's a huge following of people that say manual controllers are the only way to go (I'm not in that following, but MBC's certainly have their place).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Dan 16s said:
Hi,
Which boost controller should I run with BL 61mm?
Because my AVC-R seems to be bad.
Thks
I've been running the HKS EVC EZII for awhile...easy to setup and haven't had any issues yet.

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Personally, I opted for the TurboXS High Performance Dual Stage boost controller. You get the performance and reliability of manual boost controller with the convenience of 2 boost settings at the flip of a switch! This way you can have your normal street setting, and then switch it to high boost when the time calls! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My problem is than I have boost creep.
Boost increase with RPM
When I put 41% on the AVC-R I can hit 1.3 or 1.5 bar past 6000RPM

I have a BL 61mm and 44mm Tial Wastegate.
Could it be the exhaust manifiold the problem?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I don´t think that the AVC is your problem. A lot of guys are running it and it performs well.-Even with my stockers it´s ok.
What spring you got in your gate and what boost levels do you reach with deactivated EBC?
I would check that things first before interchanging the BC. Just my .02
Gerd

·
Registered
404 Posts
I use an AVCR with a 61mm turbo and 46mm wastegate and don't have any issues. Turn off the boost controller and see if you still have overboosting problems. Its probably not the boost controller.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The innovate msbc-1 is suppose to be one of the best. I have one for sale if interested. Pm me for details. I am letting it go for cheap.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Greddy Profec E-01....if u know how to use it.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i had my avc-r for many years. took a while to get it dialed in but after that is was great. love its features. also cant go wrong with the new greddy bc it only has 3 knobs low high and gain. very easy to use.

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
EZ...for over 5 years now...from stock twins, 67, 74, 76, 77, and now even bigger.....has held rock solid boost all time and never a problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts