Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,975 Posts
I would get an up grade similar to the supra sport brake package. Drilled rotors, and high performance pads should help. If you are really driving hard Go with a full big brake kit, but expect to pay almost $2,000 for it. BTW discs is not the correct word, they are called rotors, not tryin to punk, just tryin to help everyone stay on the same page.

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,975 Posts
Good point blackout, but brake fade is caused by excessive heat, not poor clamping force.

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,975 Posts
Oh thats my bad, I didnt look to see that your from out of the US. Discs, rotors its all the same. Any ways, High temp pads help, but you will really notice a difference with some nice drilled and or slotted rotors.

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,975 Posts
I have drilled rotors on my mustang, because its light, only weighs 2700 lbs. For heavier cars IE my old mercedes and my supra i use slotted rotors. I don't recall them eating pads any faster than normal cars when pads designed for slotted / drilled rotors are used. I would see if ATE makes rotors for the supra. Thats what I used for my mercedes. I havent had to do a brake job on my supra yet so i cant comment on where to find slotted rotors, im sure some one else will chime in.

~scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.