Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brake discs are people using on their MkIII Supra Turbos. I have an '89 and i get severe brake fade after I have been driving it hard for a few tight corners. The calipers have been re-conditioned and ive replaced the pads and had the old discs skimmed. Has anybody else experienced this? What would you recommend, better discs, higher temp pads, both? Thanks

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if they're getting hot which they obviously are would you think some high temperature pads what do the job? i think new disks are in order though anyway. we call them discs in uk, but i should have thought of the difference before i posted it on a US biased site lol, you know what i mean though. thanks

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the rotors have been skimmed and are due again really, they have a nice groove in them from the pads. what rotors would you recommend me to look at? ive heard things about fracturing of the rotor from the drilling points and ive also heard of grooved rotors eating through pads. which is the lesser of the two evils!

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh yeah. i wonder why they arn't on the fastbrakes site though. unfortunately I need a UK stockist but thanks anyway. abit too much money at the moment i think. i'll just go with some better rotors and higher temp pads, not sure which though yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.