1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Cloud Land vehicle Sky

Carwow Review Lorus Emira
Jenson Button driving Emira

I have not had a desire to purchase a new car since the MKIV was in showrooms. This is the first time in over two decades. I have been looking for a fun drivers car that is lightweight, manual, and boosted, and this fits the bill in a way that has not been done before quite this way.

This is looking to be quite an impressive machine. I have never wanted to own a Lotus until now; primarily because I don't fit in them and they felt kinda of kit car ish. This is the first one that is a comfortable size, quality interior and does not look frumpy on the outside. It is a real stunner. the best thing is the price. Starts at 60k pounds base. I can't think of a car that is lighter, has a manual, mid engined, has actual real downforce aero/ looks like a super car, has all the latest tech and costs this little. With a supercharged Toyota engine and a manual 6 speed I think we have a winner and my next vehicle.

Its available with a 360hp Mercedes A45 AMG engine with a DCT or a 400hp Supercharged V6 Toyota 2GRFE and a 6 speed manual or traditional auto. I did some research on the AMG engine and didn't like what I found. A45 AMG Engine Factory with puny webbing, cast crank, small/puny 2 bolt cast mains, puny rods, and a history of high maintenance the aftermarket has gotten these engines to about 450whp before they have major problems. The 2GRFE on the other hand has a boxed bottom end, strong crank, 6 bolt beefy main caps, beefy rods, and no history of high maintenance or even any failures. No surprise there. 2GRFE factory. The AMG engine sounds like poop too. The V6 sounds great with the supercharger.

As I know I will modify it, looked into the tried and tested S/C 2GRFE and found the Evora had the same engine and trans, looks like there is plenty of aftermarket support for it including a S/C upgrade. Harrop makes a TVS1900 inter-cooled kit for this exact engine. Makes 500WHP on the stock motor, and more if built. There are clutches and lightweight flywheels, and full coil-over racing suspension too. OS Giken even makes a Super lock LSD for the Evora. Harrop Supercharger

It has Android Auto/Apple car play, Bluetooth hands free, KEF HiFi, Keyless entry, radar cruise control, lane keep assist, many USB outlets and storage compartments, racing sports gauges and driving modes.

It even has exposed gear shifter linkages in the manual model like a new Gordon Murray T50. It almost feels like it is a micro T50 but better looking. Comes in six colors and has a black roof option, drivers pack that has track suspension and Michelin Cup 2, or Touring pack that has more comfort.

I am pretty impressed. I think it looks miles better than the A90, C8, Alfa 8C, even the F Type and Maserati. Audi/BMW/Merc can suck dust on looks and weight alone. I think it even is better looking than the LC500. Thats saying something. I think the current gen Ferrari's are frumpy, the Lambos look good but they are almost common, Aston's are overstyled, and Porsche is Porsche. IMO this may be the best looking car on the road. It's a Lotus so driving dynamics will be right up there with the looks. The only thing that would make this car better is a power targa top and air conditioned seats which would probably add 100+lbs so I'm good without.

It comes out Early 2022. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
If you are wondering how a modified lotus would handle on the track against GT3RS, Ferarri 458 or Mclaren MP4, take a look at this:
The guy is driving like a jerk and has worn out tires but you get the picture...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This car is like the new Toyota MR2 made by Lotus. Without all the crap de-tuning that Toyota would have done on it because it would smoke the Zup4a like it was a bong.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
2,487 Posts
Two engine options. Merc 2.0T (see AMG A45 S), 3.6s/c V6. 360-400hp. Dual clutch or manual. <£60k (~$80k)

Special version??

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two engine options. Merc 2.0T (see AMG A45 S), 3.6s/c V6. 360-400hp. Dual clutch or manual. <£60k (~$80k)

Special version??

Nice find. I watched a video where a Customer who bought two Emiras was talking to the development engineer who basically admitted hot versions would definitely be in the works. GT4 specifically because they are going racing with it.

Reactions: lukos

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Reactions: lukos
1 - 7 of 7 Posts