Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, Im about to convert my auto tt mkiv to manual using an r154. I just wanted to check in here to see what the favourite clutch setup is for you guys with jza70's. The engine is bpu at the moment (approx 400rwhp), but will have a small single in the near future.

Also, is the stock r154/1jz clutch setup push or pull like the v160?

Thanks for any info

Gene

·
Registered
259 Posts
unfortuneately i dont think the transmisson will bolt up. Anybody know better? i'm pretty sure a v160 cant bolt up to a 7m...

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe, Im getting one from a jza70 supra (1jz) so it will bolt straight up to my 2j :)

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
natan said:
unfortuneately i dont think the transmisson will bolt up. Anybody know better? i'm pretty sure a v160 cant bolt up to a 7m...

i believe with a 1JZ bell housing if i'm correct. If not shoot me.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
yep they bolt up , i think a stage 3/4 clutch should work good.

thats roughly the area im shooting for and ive read most stafe 3 clutchs will hold, but need to be broke in correctly...

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pimptrizkit said:
yep they bolt up , i think a stage 3/4 clutch should work good.

thats roughly the area im shooting for and ive read most stafe 3 clutchs will hold, but need to be broke in correctly...
Exactly what do you mean by 'stage 3/4' ?

Can you point me towards a certain brand/type? I understand i should keep away from RPS gear. Im thinking an exedy heavy duty pressure plate, with exedy 5puck sprung disc, but which flywheel?

Thanks

Gene

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
How much money do you want to spend?

ACT HD clutches have done the best for me at 550whp, I have toasted a few other high $$$ clutches.

You can use any clutch designed for the MK3 Supra, you just need a 1JZ flywheel.

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
onebad7m said:
Buy an Exedy twin plate for a 1JZ. Comes with flywheel!
I didnt realise Exedy do a twin plate, sweet. How does it perform? what kinda flywheel does it come with - similar to stock or lighter? I'd imagine it has no trouble holding the power, how drivable is it compared to stock?

Thanks very much

Gene

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have a question. i have a 2002 lexus is300. with a 2jzgte block. and i need to know what flywheel to use. the pp i have is from lexus act pp. can i use the 1jz flywheel?? i heard the 2jzge flywheel is the same as the 1jz flywheel. can anyone help?? i need to get my car on the road.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
2jzge flywheel with a w58 trans.. 1jz fly wheel with a r154..

I would go dual/tripple disc.. im going that route next.. the exedy looks nice.. i need to drive my buddys car.. he scored a hks double in his 1jz swap.. lucky bastard.. haha

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tissimo said:
2jzge flywheel with a w58 trans.. 1jz fly wheel with a r154..

I would go dual/tripple disc.. im going that route next.. the exedy looks nice.. i need to drive my buddys car.. he scored a hks double in his 1jz swap.. lucky bastard.. haha
so you cant use a 2jz-ge flywheel with a r154? why is that?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
r154 is a pull type where the w58 is a push iirc.. youd have to do some custom shit and would be easier just to get the 1jz flywheel/dual disc

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
60-1 Teg said:
How much do you want to spend?? $500? $1000? more??

usually the higher the cost, the better the clutch
I just priced a exedy twin plate with flywheel, about US$2000 - thats much more than i want to pay.

I can get a new tilton triple plate with custom 7" flywheel (on top of my stock flex plate) for about US$800 from a friend so that's probably the way im gonna go - exedy's prices are ridiculous for what you get.

·
SC61 Powered 90T
847 Posts
gmacrae said:
I can get a new tilton triple plate with custom 7" flywheel (on top of my stock flex plate) for about US$800 from a friend
that sounds way to cheap, but if you can go for it. iirc the tilton carbon/carbon are like $4k

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
60-1 Teg said:
that sounds way to cheap, but if you can go for it. iirc the tilton carbon/carbon are like $4k
Yea, these clutches he gets are out of nascars (so not exactly new, but damn near). Everything in a tilton is replacable, so he gives them new plates. Its basically a brand new clutch (as good as). He puts them in all sorts of cars.

I still thought i'd be able to get a good quality tough street clutch for a similar price but not so, oh well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi

I own a 2JZ-GTE with R154 tranny from 1JZ in my 240sx

about flywheel I use the 1JZ flywheel

my setup is ACT 6puk clutch disc and stock R145 Press. plate (7M or 1JZ the same)

it was OK for the Street before the drag race event start

and after 10~15 run at the track it start slip now

so I think I will upgrade to SPEC stage 5 or OS dual plate

·
Registered
23 Posts
dominicanodcora said:
i have a question. i have a 2002 lexus is300. with a 2jzgte block. and i need to know what flywheel to use. the pp i have is from lexus act pp. can i use the 1jz flywheel?? i heard the 2jzge flywheel is the same as the 1jz flywheel. can anyone help?? i need to get my car on the road.
can anyone help?? still have no answer. but i talked to someone and they told me that the 1jz flywheel bolts on to my 2jzgte block and just get the 7mgte clutch kit(pp, clutch disc, throw out bearing). is this true??? how many bolts those the 1jz flywheel have?? also would i get the 1jzgte flywheel or the 1jzge flywheel??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts