Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys (and gals),

Where have you folks installed your single egt sensor and how well did it work?
I have a 2JZ-GE na-t car (non-vvti) and am curious where is the best place to weld in my AEM egt sensor (rtd type) bung. [easy access vs accurate readings... closer to an exhaust valve is more accurate, but not always practical]

i know various intake manifold designs cause one cylinder to get more airflow than others, but the 2JZ-GE symmetrical design should provide more equal airflow distribution compared to xJZ-GTE engines. So, which cylinder with oem 2JZ-GE intake manifold typically runs the hottest?

Lastly, does an M18x1.5 to M14x1.5 adapter exist that allows the M14x1.5 fitting to fit inside the M18x1.5 threaded hole in a recessed manner? Aem’s rtd type egt sensor is short and length cannot be adjusted, so a standard male-male adapter is too tall and causes the sensor to sit above the exhaust flow in the down-pipe. The threaded bungs on my down pipe are M18x1.5 (typical wideband O2 sensor type).

·
From the land down under
4,098 Posts
Most people I have seen install a EGT sensor, put it in the downpipe after the turbo, to avoid the risk of a probe failing and flying through your exhaust turbine, but runner #6 is considered the best place to get the most accurate reading.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mr Ree NZ,

Can you share some pics of Aem egt sensor installs in the downpipe of Toyota / Lexus 2JZ and 1JZ cars?

·
From the land down under
4,098 Posts
I dont have any images to share, unfortunately, as I havent done an EGT install on my car, but all of them I have seen that have been placed in the downpipe, were installed a few inches after the turbine outlet.

Although, without initially installing one in an exhaust manifold runner, and logging some solid data first, putting one in after the downpipe isnt going to be of much help, as you wont be able to compare the values, and be aware of whether your EGT's are too high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts