Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't often post my momemtary lapses of reason much but this was too good.
Was coming home from work yesterday and I happened upon two 2000+ Firebirds tangling, we were kinda in traffic so the first chance I got I bolted around them in the right lane. I was eager to get another kill in the 57 trim and other mods I did recently, Prairie Chicken sounded right nice. When traffic cleared a bit they got back up with me and I let them by. The one in the bronze bird gives me a 'bruuuummmmba' as he goes by so I said 'hmmm, sounds healthy, game on'. I gave chase and the other bird was left in the dust so I knew the remaining one wasn't stock. he backed off to about 60 and when I was even with his door we both punched it.
We ran from 60 to 135 at that exact same position, I kid you not, there was not 2 inches of differance from the beginning to the end, where I let off. I could tell that he wasn't used to this either, he was gonna stay in it even though we were too close to town.
I have never had a race that was that even. We hit the next town and just tooled beside each other at 45 for a few hundred feet, I'm sure both wondering what the other had in there. He turned off in a gas station and I didn't follow.
I'm not a big power mkiv but I'm not a slouch and haven't lost a street race except to my bud's 500hp '02 Lightning (twice).
I was running 16# so I turned it up to 20 and I'll try and I'll see if I can find him again today.
I love a great race, I was shakin so much it took me 20 minutes to calm down. Close races are the best imo it's no fun to just blow shit away, and like I said this was THE BEST EVER.

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
haha awesome run, I've never had a race like that, must have been a blast!

·
turbo....................
1,055 Posts
mdr40z
nice run. why didnt you talk to the guy? you could of race him again @ 20lbs =]

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mk3ownZ said:
mdr40z
nice run. why didnt you talk to the guy? you could of race him again @ 20lbs =]
I don't know, I'll see him again I'm sure. It's the only bronze bird i've seen and he had no tailpipes just headers. Besides if he wanted more he knew I was heading north out of town so I gotta figure he was out of gas or had as much of a rush going on as I did, lol. I still can't believe the neck & neck thing, about 100 I said too myself 'he's gonna start having trouble breathing now' but no, so I don't know maybe he was blown but it definately was not nitrous.
p.s. of course, had a super trooper happened upon us we'd of both spent the night in jail or worse.

slim313, no it's a 7mgte

·
shortbus FTW
270 Posts
I think neck and neck race's are great fun, when two cars with similar power race it all comes into driver if from a dig, I dunno how much you can call a skill race when going form a roll but big thumbs up to keeping up with the bird :D

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
Nice race, I don't know, haven't had any close races these days, but I know the feeling. What year firebird was it, the LS1's tend to have more top end than people think depending on the mods to them.

P

·
0 Posts
MacksTT said:
Nice kill dood!!
Not a kill, but sounds like fun. If you were shaking for 20 minutes after that, you should try some racing with turns in it. Negotiating a turn at high speed will really get the blood pumping. Good run.

·
turbo....................
1,055 Posts
gixxer_drew said:
Good runs!! Close races are the best!

57 trim is T3/4, yes? It must have wicked fast spool?
i believe he has a 57trim ct-26(factory turbo)

not sure tho

-tony v

1 - 13 of 13 Posts