Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been saving up for exhaust (for a 95 NA 5spd), and now I am not sure which brand to get. I am debating between Greddy, Apex, and HKS. What is the best combo for sound, looks, and performance (if there is any, lol). I heard the Greddy sounds best, but looks bad. Please give me some feedback I am ready to order!!

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
anything below 85mm is fine, DONT go above it...trust me on this one but i cant give u solid proof yet(except that i ahve 136.1rwtq at 2600 rpms where i should have over 150...

aside from that its up to what you like. n1 and ATR are the cheapest(if you order ATR direct form them, google search for ATR)

greddy mx is mixed reviews but designed for the NA
the others are just preference. my personal fav. as of lately is ATR, (pics in the MKIV tech section i thnk, and some on eyesupra.com and when i say eye supra I mean iDASHsupera.com cant type it out for some reason.) it just seems like a good mod for staying NA or going turbo. not to mention it flows well and is stainless steel

Bob

test... i - supra . com no spaces

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is ATR? I am not familiar with that? Thanks for the reply.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
http://www.atrperformance.com/

http://www..com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=154607117&f=3986043933&m=7126095383

INSERT I - SUPRA IN THE LINK ABOVE (w/o spaces)

ATR exhaust=3 inches =roughly 76.1mm Loud exhaust sounds close to open cat

N1 exhaust=75mm almost as loud as atr but not quite

Blitz nur spec = 80mm = roughly 3.15 inches close to n1 in loudness

greddy MX= 60-80mm piping quiet exhaust, except under full throttle

its my personal opinion that the quiter exhaust wont flow as well because they have more mufflers to baffle sound, so they cant flow as well as a louder straight through muffler. do you want performance, or a quiter sound with a decent gain?

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thanks. but the link to "I - SUPRA" did not work when i inserted it. I would like to gain as much hp as possible, but if its only a difference of 3-4 hp i would perfer the exhaust that sounds and looks best. which would you say suits me best? If greddy is quiet then I am not interested in that. unless there is a BIG gain in HP and i dont think there is. the ATR sounds great, but site does not have any exhaust listed for the natural aspirated supra, only the turbo. i looked at some other sites and couldnt find any info on the ATR for a NA. please help if you can.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how about the HKS Drager II Exhaust. I am not sure if this is for the N/A or the Turbo though. check out this link. I seem to like this one. click here to see it. thanks let me know what you think

S

·
0 Posts
Any of the TT exhaust should fit. The ATR is loud as HELL.... so you may or may not want it. I got mine from www.horsepowerfreaks.com which carries it for less than ATR. I think one of the only exhausts for the NA's specifically is the Greddy MX.

·
Registered
577 Posts
IMO I like the apexi N1. Thats what i have, and it sounds great, looks good (slants out the back), and supposedly adds hp, however, i havent noticed a loss. Basically any of the tt exhaust will fit, however, you will have a slight loss in low end torque due to lack of backpressure (however, i think its unoticable). You have to ask yourself what are your goals for the car, if turbo is ahead, then go with one made for turbo.

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
I just got my Veilside Ti on.
WOWOW...the sound...I had to wash 3 pairs of pants on Saturday.

Anyway...over 85mm and you will lost a lot of low end...under 4000rpm my car feels very lacking. Once I hit 4800 - 5000, its like I hit a "VTEC" of sorts...you can actually feel the point of cam lobe shifts (or what I think it is) cuz the car jumps in power tremendously, over stock too.
It is worth the loss of low end for me, however, because I am planning my car around the NA-T project.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anybody know anything about the Greddy MX? It is the only one made especially for the Supra NA, so it SHOULD be good right? If it is not loud I don't think I want it, I definately want some good sound. Anybody who has Greddy MX please tell me your thoughts on it, also, what about HKS Super Drager?

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
i've heard sound clips of the mx....if you're looking for a good sound DONT get it. it barely sounds any different than stock.

if I were you, I'd go with something like an Apexi N1, ATR, or maybe the Veilside.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
I have the Apexi GTSpec exhaust (3in)

Why would anyone go over 3 inches anyways? 85mm = 3inch ?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've got a Greddy MX, just installed a couple months back. I went for it for 2 reasons: One, its designed for the NA, meaning the piping is of appropriate size (80mm). Two, the sound: I didn't want an extremely loud exhaust attracting any more attention from the cops, but I did want that strong note when I needed it. And so, the MX is barely noticeable over stock at idle till 3000 rpms, but when pushed and in the high revs, it sounds like your car is stronger than it really is--loud, deep, and mean. The performance gains are slight but noticable in the higher rpm band, without losing any torque at all down low. I like this kind of jekyl and hyde deal with the MX, but thats just my preference. If you like the loud all the time exhausts, go with the HKS or N1.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Rocky28072 said:
i've heard sound clips of the mx....if you're looking for a good sound DONT get it. it barely sounds any different than stock.

if I were you, I'd go with something like an Apexi N1, ATR, or maybe the Veilside.
dood GT spec is 3.75 inches thats more like 4 inches instead of 3

·
Registered
822 Posts
MX is good if u planing to stay in NA Unless u wanna go turbo den N1 or Veilside Ti. i got MX and they sound great.plus they look hot as hell.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
funny how things work out...i had to do inches to cm as a basic computer program.

1 inch =2.54cm =25.4 mm

therefore:
2.5 inches= 63.5mm
2.75 inches= 69.8mm
3 inches= 76.2mm
3.15 inches= 80.0mm
3.35 inches= 85.0mm
3.75 inches= 95.2mm
4.15 inches= 105mm

I have the super drager (95mm). Its too big for staying NA, trust me. keept it below 80 or 85mm.

MX piping isnt one set size i believe. its marked at 60-80mm...i took that to mean the closer to the tip it gets, the larger the diameter...

blur2ed....your feeling exactly what i feel at the track, but mine takes .67 seconds to kick in before it gets going. in reality,what is happening, is your torque converter is locking up and giving you a set gear ratio. although you do feel a great gain, what your really feeling is a lack of torque and hp up to that point, as the torque converter locks up you get a torque and HP spike, and then your making what you should be and a few more, making it feel that much stronger.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts