Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best exhaust for the N/A ?
Racing Medallion, Apexi N1 or the HKS Hiper ?
If any of you guys and gals own one of these exhaust
please comment !

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
i also have the same question... but i am also wondering if anyone knows anything about the greddy mx exhaust and if anyone has pictures of their supra with the the mx exhaust on... also, which exhaust is the quietest on the n/a supra?

·
Registered
506 Posts
the best exhaust is no exhaust! I recently took off my muffler (left cat and resonators on) and it sounds great and gained at least 10 or more hp (not dyno proven yet). It takes a bout an hour and it cost me $85 just to have some pipes welded on to exit out the rear of the car.

·
Registered
822 Posts
YEAH i just bought a MX exhuast last few months IS AWESOME sound great not too LOUD even ppl SAY loud PIPE save LIFe hahah who care ... good for da $$$ MX cat back from GREDDY is best for da NA supra u will feel da HPS gain when u break In

·
Registered
506 Posts
SUPRAT88 said:
YEAH i just bought a MX exhuast last few months IS AWESOME sound great not too LOUD even ppl SAY loud PIPE save LIFe hahah who care ... good for da $$$ MX cat back from GREDDY is best for da NA supra u will feel da HPS gain when u break In
Word. :smoker:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apex'i

I believe the Apex-i GT Spec is the best exhaust. The idle tone is awesome and on open throttle you'll need earplugs. With just an intake and that exhaust i've taken out some stangs...

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Have any (noise) trouble with the local Constable? Is yours with or without the silencer? Which stangs? :p :cool: I think you've distinguished yourself. Congrats on the kill:D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vreaux728645 said:
Have any (noise) trouble with the local Constable? Is yours with or without the silencer? Which stangs? :p :cool: I think you've distinguished yourself. Congrats on the kill:D [/QUOTE

I've been pulled over several times just because of the noise, specially because my city has strict city ordinances. I have the silencer but i choose not to use it because of the loss in horsepower (not much but 1 or 2 extra horses can make a big difference between winning and losing!;) ) I've had several kills on 4.6 GT's fairly modded. I'm hooking up a direct port 120-shot system as we speak so maybe you'll hear more kill stories soon:D

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
best exhaust

Daaaaaamn!:eek: 4.6 GT kills?:ak: With an N/A too! This may very well justify the noise!!!!! How bout 1/4 mi times? WhooooHoooo! :bootyshak

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was going to get HKS SD. Do I need to modify it to fit it on my N/A? Or, they have one made for N/A?
Also. I'm getting SD for it's looks. But, what's the best exhaust by performance gain?

Danny

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
hsk73, I've yet to see a head to head comparo, but fusionA's got the fastest n/a to speak of and he uses Apexi. How bout dat ticket? :rolleyes: It's available with a silencer. Greddy advertises compliance with the CHP. HKS? See the mvp site. Me? I may go with Greddy or an Apexi with a silencer. I can give up 1-2 hp for the pleasure of a good cruise :smoker:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree with Fuzion, I also have the A'pexi GTspec. Everybody told me the all stainless stell straight through pipng would be too big for my NA. But I have absolutely no complaints......well except for the headaches from long commutes. But in traffic and at stop lights people compliment the throaty sound. I also have a custom A'pexi intake.......which is also nice.......but I can no longer here it's sound:D
p.s. I never use the silencer either:bthumb:

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
DaveH said:
The Greddy SP is the most quiet.
i heard this is the most quiet for the supraTT's but is it the same for the n/a? just making sure

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lexus SC300

the sc300 has the same engine as a NA, right? i like the duel exhaust set up on the lexus's, can i take a SC system and stick it on the Supra?

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
exhausts etc

Yeah the engines are the same code, but the chassis are different. Can the fittement be the same? I saw a tercel with the twin pipes, can't we have them too?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: exhausts etc

vreaux728645 said:
Yeah the engines are the same code, but the chassis are different. Can the fittement be the same? I saw a tercel with the twin pipes, can't we have them too?
Im pretty sure if you can put two pipes, but performance wise i dont think it would be pretty good. Making the supra dualed out looses back pressure from the exhaust to the manifold causing a loss in horsepower and low-end torque. Maybe if you put a turbo in the N/A it would gain higher low-end torque. 2 pipes would look awsome though!

·
wanna be elitist prick
106 Posts
is there really a diffrrence in piping between the na and TT? i would have thought TT mufflers would fit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts