Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
This winter while the car is down, I am planning some mods. I want to put a front mount on. I am on the stock twins right now, but hopefully will have a single at the end of next year. I just want to get opinions of the best fmic that can be used for the twins, but is very easily upgradeable when I go single.

I know the Blitz seems to cover that, but wasn't sure on the Greddy, or HKS.
Any ideas, opinions?

Oh, and whats your take on cam gears? worth it?

thanks everyone

chris

M

·
0 Posts
hi!
i have greddy and i heard (here in forum) that you can use this fmic for single too.
and cam gears are good :)
cu
mac

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
It all depends on what single you run. I have the HKS Type S which will be good for small singles like: sp63. If you plan on bigger single I would go with the Blitz for now. And cam gears are good...

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good responses so far,
thanks mac, and chucky.

Mac, do you have the 3 core or 4 core greddy fmic? I guess, when upgrading to single, its just a matter of a couple different ic pipes, am I correct ?
I had a greddy on my eclipse, and liked it.

Chucky, I will probably be going with the T-78.

As for the cam gears, I might as well do them. I am going to be replacing the timing belt this winter anyways. Any recommendations on brand. AEM, HKS...

thanks
chris

M

·
0 Posts
hi quickturbo!
i have this one from dustys mvpmotorsports:
Greddy Front Mount Intercooler Kit for 1993-98 Supra with Stock Twin Turbos
ITEM # Gr FMIC StkTurbo MK4
With a core measuring 600x300x100mm, this is one big intercooler. The piping with this kit is intended only for stock turbos. If you will be running a single turbo then you should purchase Greddy's other FMIC, sold above on this page. The kit includes all 5 polished aluminum pipes, power steering lines, radiator overflow tank, and everything else necessary for the installation.
MSRP $1,880.00 Your Price $1,469.95
for single turbo you need change only the pipes...
i have cam gears from unorthodox and i heard they are very good...
cu
mac

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Mac, Dusty would be the first and only person I get my stuff from :)

Does it come with polished endtanks or just brushed? For that price, it seems to be the best deal!

houstonT, thank you, I was curious what that one was. much appreciated.

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mac,
thank you very much for the pics. That looks great!!!! nice color car too. You headlights are perfect too!
I think I have made my decision, greddy it is!

Now I need to pick the cam gears,

unorthodox, aem, or hks. I like the looks of the hks and there price isn't too bad. or should I just not cut the cam cover and leave the gears hidden, and not care about looks?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts