Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recomendations on which FMU to use on a NA-T?

I noticed not all the NA-T guys are using them....
but isn't it good insurance to keep the fuel pressure up while boost is on....
or is it not needed when you have big enough injectors

I have 440's going in, saving up for a walro fuel pump now

thanks

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
ok but what would be the best aftermarket?

steve

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After some searching on the net, seems vortech is the best if not one of better ones.

I know alot of guys don't use it, but saw a tubro IS300 in an old issue of turbo magazine using it.
I dunno is it just me, or do alot of cars in the magazines running stuff they don't need....? (seems like every car in there has a FPR/FMU, or do they do it to help sell stuff we don't need)

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,287 Posts
i really dont see it being necessary. Im definately not an expert, but i think its all about how you approach the setup.

if you want low boost (~.5bar) on a turbo such as the pt51 for example, you can put down around 300whp and be ok for stock fuel.

after that, if you want more power...i dont see why you cant get the direct replacement 440's, the lexus MAF, fuel pump, and turn it up to about 400whp.(with other supporting mods of course: hg, proper guages suggested, good intercooler)

If you want more than alittle over 400whp...im sure you would need a much more advanced fuel setup.

somebody correct me if im wrong on anything

·
Banned
85 Posts
s-afc is fine on my car at 8psi, 11.5:1 a/f all the way through...stock injectors, stock maf (blow through), walbro 255hp pump...I don't see the sense in adding another tuning variable via increased fuel pressure if it's not necessary.

Marshall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts