Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what you guys think is the best intercooler for thestock twins. I will be upgrading to a single later, so i have one that will work with both setups.

Greddy, HKS, Blitz, etc................Thanks !!!!!!:D
 
X

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GReddy FMIC... got one coming for myself. Fully polished with pipes and relocate parts. The best quality unit. I sell them if you're interested.
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fob supro said:
I need to know what you guys think is the best intercooler for thestock twins. I will be upgrading to a single later, so i have one that will work with both setups.

Greddy, HKS, Blitz, etc................Thanks !!!!!!:D
Spearco hands down, no contest. you size them to your mods the most accurate on the market.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont like the greddy unit one the hks unit looks better by my hand plus the older kit i saw had blue hoses when i got my hks gt
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about the 4 core trust FMIC?

Isn't this the largest one availible? and is there such a thing as too large of an intercooler? I don't think there is such a thing as too cold of an intake charge.
Pardon my supra specific ignorance I'm new here
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: what about the 4 core trust FMIC?

skag said:
Isn't this the largest one availible? and is there such a thing as too large of an intercooler? I don't think there is such a thing as too cold of an intake charge.
Pardon my supra specific ignorance I'm new here
too large of an intercooler will cause a serious pressure drop and the result is a loss of power. thats why a 95% of the racers use spearco. you can size the intercooler to your mods.

the best on the market. the same goes for turbos, turbo acessories, clutches, intakes ect. find a manufacture that specializes in a specific product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
i think greddy is way to go. price is good and it' s big. don't even worry about pressure drop becuase you will get it right back on top end and pressure drop is not something you can feel the difference. only down part of this is that car can suffer from over heating but you can always put fluiddyne radiator with biggger electric fan.

chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
always try to buy complete kit. custom set up is nice but it's not cheap and it's doesn't mean it's better.

chris
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
greddy or hks both good units as well as blitz's just depends on how much you want to spend !

fro stock turbos a hks type s will do fine as well as a greddy 3row!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
I heard the Apex'i I/C is the best bang for the buck. But it oesn't come complete with all the pipes. Where do I get the rest of the upper pipes?

Can it handle 700hp?

Thanks
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Usual R Suspex said:
I heard the Apex'i I/C is the best bang for the buck. But it oesn't come complete with all the pipes. Where do I get the rest of the upper pipes?

Can it handle 700hp?

Thanks
then how can it be the best bang for the buck. their intercoolers are not that good. they have a very nice name. i had one too much pressure drop. Spearco
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Usual R Suspex said:
how much does a spaerco I/C with all pipes go for approx.?
depends on the size $400-$3000
i figure for the supra $700
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
i'd say go custom Spearco, talk to Stan at Tuner M in Edison,
located off rt. 27 at KNJ speed shop, close to 287, he knows
his supras, $ around 900?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top