Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a in-dash tv and got a couple to consider. Which is the best for the money? Each is the top-end unit of the respective company, but they all look pretty much the same. 7" Widescreen! Here are my choices:

Kenwood Touchscreen (Has TV Tuner included, and DVD)
Alpine CVA (No DVD)
Panasonic (DVD)
Pioneer (DVD)
Clarion ???

Seems like the Kenwood has more features for the money? Any ideas?

J

·
0 Posts
i want the kenwood too...but its like $2200. At least thats the price I got. Im looking for a DVD setup for a little cheaper

·
Banned
336 Posts
I've been researching this topic for months. Of all the units out there, the best IMHO is the kenwood. You can get it on ebay for 1700-2100 bucks these days.

However, i prefer a more custom approach to my car audio, so im getting a DVD-Changer to add into my all Clarion 6v-preout setup. My new dash should be ready soon with Navi style LCD screen built into it. I'll have pics ASAP =)

·
Registered
427 Posts
yeah i think its possible to walk out with a kenwood for around $1650 which is good cause its the touch screen and DVD player, so its pretty much all you need:)

M

·
0 Posts
I like my Panasonic, you can swivel it left and right cause in the Supra it sucks for the passanger

H

·
0 Posts
Here's setup I'm thinking about getting, all Pioneer. :)
Pioneer AVX-P7300DVD with AVM-P9000R, GEX-P7000TV and CD-SR90. You can get them for under $2000 now days. :D
BTW, screen on Kenwood KVT-910DVD is 6.5".

W

·
0 Posts
kenwood all teh way!

I own the touchscreen for kenwood all i can say is i love it, I also bought the navigation unit with it and everything has worked flawlessy

S

·
0 Posts
Whats up yall, I have an eclipse right now and just test drove 2 supras and plan on getting one soon, I have the Kenwood in dash tv and love it. Now since the supra dash is tilted, i went to a few custom audio places and asked them if they could fix that problem so the passenger would be able to see the screen. They said they could fiberglass the little slot to make it straight for about 100$, Yall think thats a good idea

1 - 9 of 9 Posts