Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what happened to the search function, I leave for a little while a when I come back, for the life of me I can't find the search button.

Anyway, just looking for some good recommends from other owners. Gonna switch up the Sup and R33 becuase Metlife has seen fit to sock it to me, regardless of perfect record and multiple discounts. Got a quote from Progressive seemed good (a lot cheaper than Met). Also tried Leland and some other "Exotic" car insurers and got "We don't insure those kind of cars". Ignorant turds!

So any other input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont have a supra yet, so I'm not sure how expensive they are to insure.. But it shouldnt be too bad considering its not that new of a car, the only thing to consider is if u want all your upgrades insured.. If u tell the ins comp u have so many custom parts and stuff they'll charge u a lot more, but if u dont, then they might not cover them if something happens or if the car gets totalled, they'll only give u book value and not all the $ u put into it.. it sucks cus u want everything to be covered but dont wanna pay a lot.. Just hope nothing happens to it.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
I have chubb with an stated value of $50k. Insurance runs $1700/yr. CHUBB is the top of the line when it comes to insurance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
he he he. Chubb sounds funny.

I only pay about $60 a month for my MKIV insured for $50,000 for full coverage. USAA ftw!!

Btw, you don't have to have been in the military. If one of your direct parents was, you also qualify!

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
will your parents adopt a bunch of supra owners please.... ;)

·
The Old Breed
328 Posts
$850/6 months full coverage w/ high deductibles. This includes my Supra , 01 Benz C320 and my beater Ford Ranger. This is with Esurance.
I am a military man and USAA was more expensive.

·
Speed Addicted
702 Posts
I pay around 90 per month, and it's with a stated value for the car, so I don't get screwed if I wreck. I have NO points on my record, but I've had not-at-fault accidents, and the price is for 2 drivers w/ multiple car discounts. No points is not because I haven't gotten tickets....LOL, it's because I fought them in court. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Asking Insurance questions never really made sense to me, mainly because there are too many variables to compare yourself to somebody else on this board.

Age, Driving Record, How many miles the Supra is driven a year, deductibles, and Location are huge determining factors.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mine is less.
anyway, join the military, get USAA, save money.
See - it's easy!
I am so there! Semper Fi baby.
could you guys post what sort of numbers 6 month / year paying for INS?
I am paying 450/6mo per car(sup and r33), through Met. Progressive is quoting me 300/6 mo. Both policies are 100/300 personal , 100 property, 50 uninsured, no tow or rental. 500 Comp. 37 Married Male, clean record.

Well from some of the other prices I've seen looks like I'm going in the right direction. Maybe I'll switch my other cars and house too, bigger discount, Hmmm?

·
Very Senior Member
10,062 Posts
$850/6 months full coverage w/ high deductibles. This includes my Supra , 01 Benz C320 and my beater Ford Ranger. This is with Esurance.
I am a military man and USAA was more expensive.
Then you must have done something unusual.
I have four vehicles covered, including the MkIV, and my premium is way less than that. And I have relatively low deductibles.
In addition, I get my payout from the USAA subscriber saving account each year that is not that much less than my premium!

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
I have Nationwide and I got into a collision years ago and they were very negotiable when it came to paying me for my MkIV. Hard for me to believe many could do better!

·
Registered
284 Posts
well damn....Its looking like USAA is not too shaby..I was just checking on Hagerty's (classic car INS) and thought they were looking promising untill i saw this.
Clean record here and want to insure mine for $35k or more worth of coverage and Hagerty's was $817 a year...Though.....that was at the State minimum req'd.
$25k of collision is not going to help if I hit a Lexus or whatever.
SO I'm sure the Total wiould changeif I upgraded the premuims.

My Insurance @ the moment is Farm Bureau but is only for Book value on my Hardtop.Thats gotta Change.
Now I'm paying $223 every 3 mnths for the SUpra and my 240sx.
Not the coverage I want to be @ either though higher than State minimum

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
state farm has been pretty fair on payouts for modified cars

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Can soimeone explain what a good plan includes..i know full coverage is the best, but i was getting quotes from gieco and places like that online that were way less then my current insurance company. They asked questions, like how much of each coverage i should get, but i had no clue how much my current insurance covers me too...SO i was thinkin that collicsion for like only 50k isnt good, since say i get into a collision with a $100,000 benz and total it then im out 50k..right??
My current insurance company just sent me a notice saying they arent going to renew my insurance for next year...

I currently pay $3,400 a year for full coverage on my supra and just liability coverage on my beater which is a 1997 kia sephia...i live in Jersey so rates are high to begin with...I am 25 and i have a few tickets and an accident so they arent happy with me..

My gieco quote was almost $1,000 less then my current insurance rate...i am wondering if it too good to be true..

can anyone give a range of coverage amounts that are decent??

thanks
ANt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts