Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Some Guy With A Supra
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gettin a JDM for my 87T within the week, i was wondering what prices you guys have got for your 7mgte JDM's??? I was quoted from SOKO for $700 w/o the turbo, and $80 for shipping (within CA) I want to know if anybody can get a better price some place elsewhere?? Thanks.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
the problem with "finding a better deal" is that you'll probably end up replacing the engine AGAIN. 99.2% of the cheap jap importers claim to have a warranty, but never make good on it. while soko may not be the cheapest, at least they hold good on their warranty....

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
drjonez said:
the problem with "finding a better deal" is that you'll probably end up replacing the engine AGAIN. 99.2% of the cheap jap importers claim to have a warranty, but never make good on it. while soko may not be the cheapest, at least they hold good on their warranty....
i got shafted on my first engine from then, but they DID hold up on there warranty and i had another working engine in a couple days free of charge

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
drjonez said:
soko may not be the cheapest, at least they hold good on their warranty....
Many people like Soko, but I for one dont reccomend them. I bought my turbo engine from them to find out that the turbo was locked. Sucked, but I knew that it was a possibility and that they didnt technically warrenty it. Ok, sucks, but I can live with that.

However, on closer inspection, both of the coolant lines were cut - and the lines didnt match. Then I noticed that one of the 4 bolts that holds the turbo on (the really bitchy one) and the oil return bolts were all missing. They SWITCHED the turbo out for a bad one. I was PISSED. I called them up, and of course they denied it and wouldnt fix it.

I personally wouldnt want to do business with a company who would do something like that. Its pretty shady. On a side note though, now that i have the motor in (with a different turbo), it is a very strong engine and runs well. I imagine that their engines are good, but I still would stay away!

·
Some Guy With A Supra
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your reply, i'll be sure to thoroughly check everything b4 hand while i do the mhg among other things. ;)

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
BoostMan03 said:
thanks for your reply, i'll be sure to thoroughly check everything b4 hand while i do the mhg among other things. ;)
make sure installing the MHG wont void ur warrany with them...cuz the place i went to said it would void my warranty...so i gotta wait till its over to put the MHG on

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have access to two JDm engine importers in Toronto, Canada and the price I can get the engines from are around 700 with everything except the tranny. ( alot of JDM Supras are auto)
So since shipping from Japan to Ca is way cheaper, I think you should look further. :)
but still the condition of the engine varies alot. So don't be afraid for paying 1 or 200 bucks more for a good one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts