Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone my wheel looks ratty, im curious if there is a good recovering kit avaliable in grey and experiences with a good one.

~scott

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Scott,
I have a pretty good condition gray one for sale. An alternative is wheelskinz from JC Whitney. They look really nice but I don't know if they sell the skins in gray or not.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Steering wheel recover

Yeah I talked to this one guy at Alliance Technology I thought he said it wood cost around $230.00 I don't think It will be more than $250.00 and it would be factory condition their number is 1800 926 4959

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fuck 250 bones for less than half that ill take a jza70 type R momo wheel. Ill look into wheelskinz are they generic or model / year specific.

~scott

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Redoing it will cost approx. $250 from what I've found.

www.american-stitches.com

If you just want to restore the existing leather, check out www.leatherique.com, they make excellent products, and can get your steering wheel looking like new, even if it's ratty. Follow their directions and use the products they suggest.

Pics of my uncle's BMW E28's interior. He used leatherique products on the entire interior, including the steering wheel. Crack filler was used and everything was redyed, etc.

If you're going to do the steering wheel, I suggest getting their Klear Kote stuff, it will protect the dye from your hand oils, or if you happen to have something on your hands, like bug spray or something.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
i think i found a guy who will re upholster them for 150 around here. that's what he wanted for a simple momo wheel

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I'd definitely want to see his work before having him do it. Just a thought, but most local upholsterers won't be able to do a steering wheel very well.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
I'd definitely want to see his work before having him do it. Just a thought, but most local upholsterers won't be able to do a steering wheel very well.
i've seen his... its quite good

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I disagree, wheelskins have nothing on a properly wrapped wheel, IMO. It's definitely up to the person as to whether they want it, but I know I would never put one on mine.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I think wheelskins for less than $20-$30 is your best option, with you ensuring the quality like isnms pic. Paying $150+ for a properly wrapped wheel is kinda silly, unless you are really, really, really trying to restore to a factory look.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
^^ haha slick mofo

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
a note about the wheelskin: Use size AXX if installing over the old existing cover. Make sure you get any burs are smoothed off or you will feel them through the cover.
If you you remove the old cover, they suggest size AX.
I left my old one on.

Several places online sell them, just search Wheelskin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts