Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it, im only here for college so I dont know a ton about the area, but i'm rebuilding a POS 7M to go in my MK2 and I don't want this thing knocking 50 miles after the rebuild so I need a GOOD shop. Anybody here have experiences with local charlotte machine shops? I don't need them to assemble or anything, just basic boring decking and stuff.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have been sitting back and waiting to see what everyone else thought because I did not have an answer for ya. It is sad we live a city like Charlotte with all the race stuff going on and there are so few good machine shops. That is one reason I did not build a motor, I bought one instead. I was spoiled in Fla. by the shop I used there. Could trust the guy to do anything. Have been here a long time and have no idea where to get good work done.
I guess good machinists are a dying breed along with a lot of other trades.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hemby Bridge Auto Machine in the phone book, they are in a small town near Matthews. They came recommended locally by a lot of people, so I spoke to Brad and afterwards was very confident he could take care of my 4g63 rebuild. I have around 2000 miles on the motor now and everything is good. I paid a little over $600 including new pistons. They do nice head work too. Last time I was there Brad said they might close soon but as far as I know they're still there.

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Mitch,
I had a local shop rebuild the head on my '83 5M shortly after I bought it. They were recommended to my by a few people not on Supraforums and also by John who mentioned Sellers above.

Toyota Techs 704.377.9333

They're located near Carowinds. They don't do the machine work themselves but they would probably give you the name of the guy they work with.

She's got a figure that will shorten your attention.
Scott

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh see I didn't know what sellers was, I was like what is he talking about lol. All right thanks guys, I think im picking up a 84' MK2 with the back half of a 84' Celica GT welded to it. Its like a supra coupe haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts