Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking to do my next round of upgrades and was wondering what you single turbo guys found to be the best mod for the buck, or best mod/most hp.

Mods im considering (but if you have others that worked for you please list them): Cams, springs/retainers, nitrous(NX wet), meth injection, intake manifold/throttle body, turbo upgrade, upgraded radiator, injectors, electric fans, pulleys, electric water pump, etc.

If you have dyno numbers or track times before and after that would be great if you share them with the rest of us. Please be specific on what exactly you changed to make more power (boost level, conditions, etc)

My setup:
SP67 .81 A/R p trim
Greddy 720cc
Twin walbros/Paxton FPR
Stock longblock including cams and cam gears
Stock mechanical fan/stock radiator
SP built tranny w/ PI 4k stall
AEM EMS
HKS DLI
IK 24 Irridium plugs
FJO
Greddy 3 row/ HKS SSQ BOV
Boost, FP, and EGT gauges

Thanks for the help once again! :D :cool:

Andrew

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Chucky Doll said:
Wide band to get the most out of your set-up on the street. Also for safety :)
Ahh, forgot to add I already have an FJO setup. Good suggestion!

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
bad94sup said:
Im looking to do my next round of upgrades and was wondering what you single turbo guys found to be the best mod for the buck, or best mod/most hp.

Mods im considering (but if you have others that worked for you please list them): Cams, springs/retainers, nitrous(NX wet), meth injection, intake manifold/throttle body, turbo upgrade, upgraded radiator, injectors, electric fans, pulleys, electric water pump, etc.

If you have dyno numbers or track times before and after that would be great if you share them with the rest of us. Please be specific on what exactly you changed to make more power (boost level, conditions, etc)

My setup:
SP67 .81 A/R p trim
Greddy 720cc
Twin walbros
Stock longblock including cams and cam gears
Stock mechanical fan/stock radiator
SP built tranny w/ PI 4k stall
AEM EMS
HKS DLI
IK 24 Irridium plugs

Thanks for the help once again! :D :cool:

Andrew
I would go with cams and springs/retainers the cams should give you a decent amount of power plus with the springs/retainers you have the ability to rev a bit longer

S

·
0 Posts
You didn't mention a FMIC - do you have one? If not, it's worth considering for the next step.

If it was me, I'd do the meth. injection, allowing you to run high boost full time.

I've used water/alky inj. in other applications, and I'm a fan of it.

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
Before and after installation of the 264 Camshafts onto Matt Miller's SP74 Single Turbo Supra....

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smeagol said:
You didn't mention a FMIC - do you have one? If not, it's worth considering for the next step.

If it was me, I'd do the meth. injection, allowing you to run high boost full time.

I've used water/alky inj. in other applications, and I'm a fan of it.
Yah, another thing I always overlook, got a Greddy 3 row:D

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Titanium said:
Before and after installation of the 264 Camshafts onto Matt Miller's SP74 Single Turbo Supra....

Wow, they are some pretty big gains for cams only! I hope to see gains somewhat close to that with my setup (67mm) :D

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Craig King said:
:eek: Nice gains! 50rwhp for ~500$ can't beat that! :cool:
Where can you get a set of cams for 500.00?:eek:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Cams, springs, retainers, headwork would be a nice combo to go with.

I'd add a fuel pressure sensor for your AEM to keep an eye on fuel delivery.

I'd consdier coating the exhaust manifold and turbine to help with heat control under hood. I'd also grab a turbine blanket from boost logic.

Fabricate or buy a heat shield or box for the intake filter so that the radiator isn't blowing hot air onto it.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I don't think you'll need both nitrous and meth. Pick one or the other. Personally, I'd go with the meth. You can overboost and it's safer, in contrast to running nitrous and overboosting...new engine:(. Did you want to swap the P-trim for the GT wheel? If you're looking for power gains, that would be a great idea. Which SP tranny are you running? One of the upgrades or the SP400? An oil temp gauge wouldn't be too bad either. I hope this helps! Take care.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LLCoolJ94 said:
I don't think you'll need both nitrous and meth. Pick one or the other. Personally, I'd go with the meth. You can overboost and it's safer, in contrast to running nitrous and overboosting...new engine:(. Did you want to swap the P-trim for the GT wheel? If you're looking for power gains, that would be a great idea. Which SP tranny are you running? One of the upgrades or the SP400? An oil temp gauge wouldn't be too bad either. I hope this helps! Take care.
Actually I was considering either of them as a mod option, obviously not both:p I guess I should have made that more clear! Im running the built stocker tranny, the gen II. After doing the cams, im seriously considering the new SP71gtq! Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts