Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Champagne Papi
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what are the best brand names/model parts for the 1jz-gte on stock twins. Basicly whats the best BPU setup?

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
3" DP, 3" y pipe, full exhaust, intake, 440's, FCON Or SAFC, EBC and your all set. good for ~350 hp depending on how high you bring the boost.

·
Champagne Papi
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What psi #s would I be able to run with 91 octane. And What's the highest/safe psi you can run with race gas?

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
dammit brows fuckin search

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
I think it may be a little difficult(not impossible) to get a 3" Y pipe with 3" from each turbo. I believe mine is 2.5 and is a VERY tight fit. Where the two turbo pipes join, it becomes 3" though.

Trev

·
Registered
183 Posts
Depends on what kind of money you have to spend. FMIC, HKS Downpipe, get rid of the cat put in a straight pipe, 3"exhaust, fuel computer(greddy emange), injectors(440's out of JDM 2jz or 550's out of USDM 2jz with resister pack), walboro fuel pump, FPR not sure who makes the best, intake(HKS makes the best IMO unless you get a custom made one), boost controller. With all of this and some tuning at 1bar you could very easily make 370rwhp. I have seen it with my own eyes and plan on doing this, I am most of the way there. With the y-pipe ou could get more I am sure which is why I want one I just wish I could find one.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
you should peep the writeup on the 1jz upgrade path.

it may or not be possible for you to do a y-pipe. they are pretty labor intensive to install/build one. its one of those optional things if you wanna do it. but, just do intake, exhaust, boost controller and safc

you can get 300rwhp easily.

changing the y-pipe will get you a little more. but youll need either a FCD/BCC to get around the 1.0bar boost limit or just bump the fuel system and scale back w/ the safc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts