Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just was doing some few studying of the best place to look up my jdm motor..but i was thinking..."duh!...people here should know"...so give me ur opinion on the best place, price, warranty, fastest response, and of course customer service....thanks

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
try nippon-motors.com. I've heard great feedback on them. They have a page that states which engines get a certain warranty. Some people might say Soko 2 but i think their prices are kinda high.

Neal

·
Registered
221 Posts
streetimports.com Still runnin so cant be too bad. Came with all the fixins attached yet. like the turbo and what not. in cluding the transmission. only like 1200 i think with shipping

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Japan Direct, JARCO, and Nippon. Jap Direct and JARCO both select from the same lot in Japan and get first dibs. The others are all a gamble.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I said it before and I will say it again... if you see rising sun engines, run as fast as you can. They suck.

Soko or Jarco are my votes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I put a SOKO engine in my mom's old corolla 5 years ago and the engine was amazingly clean (inside and out) and has run like a top for the last 80k miles.

Two friends of mine put SR20DET's in their B13 Sentra SE-R's. Both engines were very clean (inside and out) and have run for thousands of miles and LOTS of boost. They got their engines from Japan direct.

Both shops seem solid from my experience.

Dale H
87T

Y

·
0 Posts
Best place for aJDM engine? heh thats easy, JAPAN! no for serious, I have heard nothing but praise from jarco.

·
Some Guy With A Supra
378 Posts
I'm almost done swapping my 7mgte from soko, and their service was great. got a hella good deal, and since i'm in california, it was to my house in 2 days for $80. I was impressed, (not that i have any basis for comparison) But i was satisfied, but we'll see when it's all done and up and running :D

·
i <3 fitness chicks
1,585 Posts
Eh you have to think about the JDM motors though. They sit out on the docks until the ship comes and picks them up. Wasn't there one case where someone opened their's up and a whole bunch of water came out, and he even found a barnacle in it, to boot. Also, those people know that their motor's are going to be yanked out, so what do you think some of them do? Beat the shit out of the engine. I would just find a blown 7mgte in the States and rebuild it.

·
Some Guy With A Supra
378 Posts
good point, the one i just got had a ton of water in the spark plug valley, had to clean all that shit out. Wasn't expecting that :(

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
JSupra88T said:
Eh you have to think about the JDM motors though. They sit out on the docks until the ship comes and picks them up. Wasn't there one case where someone opened their's up and a whole bunch of water came out, and he even found a barnacle in it, to boot. Also, those people know that their motor's are going to be yanked out, so what do you think some of them do? Beat the shit out of the engine. I would just find a blown 7mgte in the States and rebuild it.
Thats what I am doing, I purchased a blown 7mgte and I am going through its rebuild right now... aight peace :wtf:
and I also recommend Nippon-motors, those guys are coo...

E

·
0 Posts
nippon-motors.com cleans and inspect thier motors, i pick up mine directly other then tasteing salty it works fine no problems. 26,000 miles and still strong.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
hey i got my 7m-gte motor from nippon motors with 50k miles on it (says mileage in KM on the timing cover). The motor came VERY complete witch was a suprised...if u look at the pic u can see how good the motor looks. I took the head off and revealed the internal condition witch looked EXCELENT...just a resurface on block and head and your set...ive looked at the bottom end also from changing out the oil pan because it was beat up, and it looked VERY healthy...no rod play...looked very good. The turbo had little shaft play, and most of the hoses were there so you know the orientation of everything...the harnest was cut witch was the only bad thing and that water was in the spark plug valleys witch wasnt a problem....im replacing the head gasket with a 1.2mm MHG, and all engine seals (60 dollars for front main, rear main, oil :mad: ). I live in tampa, fl so the shipping was 400 cuz i wanted the engine to come to my house...so 1170 was the total witch didnt bother me since all the other jdm imports for hondas where 3k anyways and didnt come close in power of the 7m-gte.

heres a pic the motor when i got it...hope my reply helps alot of people

1 - 16 of 16 Posts