Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any of you have had your car detailed. I normaly do all of my own detailing to the car, but would like to see what a shop can do becase my scedual has gotten more hectic latley. So if you have anything good/bad to say about places in the MD/VA area, just say it, thanks.

·
Flush 19" wheel club
535 Posts
I'm guessing you mean your sup. Personally I would never let anyone else wash, clean or detail mine. I even told my bodyshop which I do trust, to not clean the car after my last bumper install. I've seen "detail" shops be very careless in their detailing procedures. I once saw this detail guy wipe off the body, then clean off under the fenders while half of the cloth rubbed the tire. He then proceeded to do the wheels, drop the cloth on the ground got back to the lip of the wheel and then finished off by wiping the fender. This is using the same cloth(which didn't look soft to begin with) and without even shaking it off after dropping it with all the sand getting on it. Imagine the sand paper effect making nice scrapes on the paint, wheels and the polished lip[shiver]....

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, my only prob is i need some areas to be clay-bared i think, and i dont have the time right now, so im basicly looking for some one to do it for me.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i usually have a service like that available but i just don't have time to help out....i'm sure there're a lot of anal supra owners around here who could do this service for you

·
Flush 19" wheel club
535 Posts
oliver said:
Detailing huh?
People here know how I keep my car's paint. Detailing is time cosuming. I have free time in the weekends. Send me an e-mail or PM leting me know what you want to have done and what you are willing to pay. I'm willing to help a supra fellow ;)

[email protected]

--Oliver
..and I can vouch for Olivers car being *extremely* shiny and clean. :bigok:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys just saw the post and thought i'd let you know that my buddy does extremely good work. He has a black 02 z06 and there a very very few swirl marks in the paint and black is the worst car for swirls. I'm up in PA but i just thought i give you the heads up. PM if u want more details or the guys number. -Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts