Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a TRD front strut bar and I'm looking for a rear piece now. From browsing mvp and other sites, I've noted that the Do-luck is the only one piece strut bar available for the MKIV. also, I rememeber reading that not many people noticed a difference with a rear strut bar. I'm happy with the results/performance with my TRD unit..but does anyone have any feedbacks with the rear bars?

·
OG
1,059 Posts
THe reason why the front shock tower bar works is because there is nothing to stiffen up the space bewttn the tops of the shock towers. If you take off the rear carpet, you'll see that besides the sheetmetal, there is a reinforcement - there is a rear shock tower bar and it is welded in. What ever you do will have minimal effect.

Cheers
Rich B.

P.S. Some of us road racing snobs think that shocks (which we have) are better than struts (which most other imports have) - so for Supras, we always call them shock tower bars.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
In that case I'd be shocked if the rear bar helped much at all ...other than to maybe hang a camera on it.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess nothing's changed to improve the rear with a strut bar...I'll look into another part then. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn it Al! you forgot "THE" before the d man!! :p This post was made before I spoke to you on the phone..hehe.

Ranger498 said:
ranger rolles his eyes at d man

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
Damn it Al! you forgot "THE" before the d man!! :p This post was made before I spoke to you on the phone..hehe.
lol what i tell you ... :hug:

·
Registered
272 Posts
i had a targa with a rear cusco and i could feel the diff when i pulled it off i did this several times to make sure it was not in my head.

i have one in my hard top just becasue i know its doing something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts