Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed some new minor scratches on the supra, these past few weeks. None appear to be too deep. Can anyone recommend any good removers? Also as far as applying scratch removers, should i use before/after waxing the car. Unfortunately I have to park my car outside so she's exposed to all kinds of shit, a.k.a neighbor hood kids :blast: Thanks

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
I would recommend Perfect-it II Rubbing Compound by 3M with combination of a Meguiar's Burgundy foam cutting pad on a quality polisher at a low speed, been using it for over a decade and nothing comes close ,I've tried all kinds of pads and compounds for the last 16 years and this by far is the best combination which leaves virtually no swirls even on black cars ,I'm sure there will be PC nutswingers up in here,but it's not the machine, it's the pad and compound and someone that has experience

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I recently used Zaino swirl remover on my Black car and the results were amazing.

I also used a 3m product, unkown if the same product mentioned above.

Check out Zainostore.com

Ap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
what about the white cars out there, i was looking at the 3m and it says its best for dark colored cars, i have some serious scratches on my 96 and need some help? thanks

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
Use the autoglym fine abrasive compound with the Yellow Sonus cut pad. Then take the haze off with the ultrafine renovator and the white sonus pad.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
pumafeet10 said:
what about the white cars out there, i was looking at the 3m and it says its best for dark colored cars, i have some serious scratches on my 96 and need some help? thanks
it will work just fine on white cars,but I think you were looking at Finnesse-it

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
exvelocity said:
I would recommend Perfect-it II Rubbing Compound by 3M with combination of a Meguiar's Burgundy foam cutting pad on a quality polisher at a low speed, been using it for over a decade and nothing comes close ,I've tried all kinds of pads and compounds for the last 16 years and this by far is the best combination which leaves virtually no swirls even on black cars ,I'm sure there will be PC nutswingers up in here,but it's not the machine, it's the pad and compound and someone that has experience
It would be smart to listen to this, his shop does amazing work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i am absolutely listening to him but i wanted to make sure i got the right product thats why i hjad those certain links. so if the links are the right prodcut let me know or if you could direct me to it i d really appreciate ! thanks

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
exvelocity said:
Is this a good polisher? Is it a polisher at all? What do you recommend?

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=10925

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
I personally use the Sonus Yellow Pad with Autoglym Fine Abrasive, then follow up with the White pad with the Ultrafine Renovator. Then apply Radiant wax by hand.

But autoglym products are not easily found, so you can try Megs 83, or maybe Poorboys.

·
Registered
404 Posts
What about getting sap out. What do u guys use for sap out, esp. on a dark color car..??
thanks,
GJB

·
Registered
422 Posts
bonz said:
Is this a good polisher? Is it a polisher at all? What do you recommend?

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=10925

That's not a polisher its a DA. This is what you want something like a "Makita 9227". You need a multi-speed "non - DA action" polisher. This one is a 7" for the big pads. You can get a little 3" air one for the tight stuff. Central Pneumatic has some real nice ones.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ok im trying to find where to buy the perfect -it II and the site will not tell me where i can buy it. anyone have any cluse where i can get some. i live in harrisburg, pennsylvania, if anyone could tell me where i can get this i would really appreciate it!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts