Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for best 17'' drag slicks. My friend has bought 15'' drag slicks which are so soft, no warmers are needed.

Is it possible to get such a slicks for our 17'' rims?

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Mickey thompson was supposed to release a 17" ET Street DOT slick for 17" wheels, but im not sure if they ever began shipping. Anyone know of any updates???

Andrew

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i do , mt 17 et streets start shipping on 11/7 jegs will have the first batch.:D

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can I get them? ( Iam from Europe so link or e-mail would be great)

Price?

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But these are street legal. I want full max profi slicks:D

By the way, what 1/4 mile time differnce can be between 15'' slicks and 17'' slicks if supra has around 650 RWHP?

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
um can you run slicks on a stock 17" rim? just curious.

Brett

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not?

I can buy Pirelli, Michelin slicks but these are for track race not for 1/4 mile race.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There are no drag slicks bigger than 15" other than the 28" hoosiers which are for a 16" rim. The Et Streers are 26x11.5x16 and now 26x11.5x17. The tires you are looking at are road racing slicks which are far different than a drag slick. If you want a 17" the Et is the only tire there is.

B

·
0 Posts
The 315/35/17 BFG Drag Radial is a good tire for the stock rear wheels. I've cut 1.6's on them with a 6spd. If you're dead set on 17's these are pretty good.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brad Mayo said:
The 315/35/17 BFG Drag Radial is a good tire for the stock rear wheels. I've cut 1.6's on them with a 6spd. If you're dead set on 17's these are pretty good.
Sorry but I have used these and they are like normal street tires = to HARD! Tire for 1/4 mile race should be much softer IMHO. On 315/35/17 BFG Drag Radials I was spining on 1, 2 and 3rd gear:eek:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Peter said:
Sorry but I have used these and they are like normal street tires = to HARD! Tire for 1/4 mile race should be much softer IMHO. On 315/35/17 BFG Drag Radials I was spining on 1, 2 and 3rd gear:eek:
Peter,
did you do a long enough burnout with the Drag Radials??
Without that they would never hook.

But for a "nomal" street you need the BEST to hook ...
So drag radials arr not what you want.
That´s because we don´t have the luck to have prepped tracks, like our us friends have.

So, don´t invest in tires for 17" wheels.
It´s wasted money.

You better go with full drag tires and 15" wheels.

I have the same problem here in Austria, we also don´t have prepped tracks and I cannot hook up, even with ET streets.

So I searched a lot and found the Hoosier 26 x 10- 15.

Those have 10 " thread width and 9" wheel is recommended.
Also these have the softest compound.

I´ve seen a Vette (500rwhp) on the street launching on these with NO wheelspin (A4 car) where I had to fight with my 26x11,5x16 in my 450rwhp Vette.

I´ll get these, too.......

Hope that helps,

Michael

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx, but to put 15'' on our car we have to change brake discs and calipers for NA version, am I right?

F

·
0 Posts
they dont make a 17inch slick bc the sidewalls would be to rigid...you ever see a pic of a car launching on a set of 15inch slicks...you can see the walls of the tire actually wrinkling...thats not gonna happen as well with a 17incher...im not sure on how u guys have to set up ur brakes to run a 15inch wheel but i would recommend getting a set of welds or somthing to that effect with a nice set of 10x15 Hossier or MT ET Drags and just slappin em on at the track

Paul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts