Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guy's opinion on the best blow off valves. I have a greddy Type RS now, but I have seen some video's of supra's with a different sounding BOV, like a High pitch sound. What BOV's sound this way?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I guess it would be like a bird's chirp. Is the SSQ, the only one that sounds like this? And what is most peoples preference?

·
Wheel Whore
2,318 Posts
I have the HKS type II blow off valve but I do not like the snap ring flange design from HKS because mine has leaked. For the money, you can't go wrong with the Tial blow off valve. Good design. good price and quality, and they hold shitloads of boost.

·
I blow up Toyota's
420 Posts
GReddy type S has a high pitch sound too. It's probably my favorite sounding BOV but I like the way the Tial one's sound too

·
I blow up Toyota's
420 Posts
Also when you're choosing a BOV consider how much power you have and which BOV will support that much. The Sard High Boost BOV is a great choice for high HP cars instead of two HKS'

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have any sound clips of these BOV?

·
Banned
888 Posts
tial ftw!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Riz1, that is the blow off sound I was looking for. Does anyone know which bov this is, in the video?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Anyone know what the stock recirculation valve sounds like venting to atmosphere? I prefer a simple air swish sound.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Twin tials here and they sound very good to me, but people looking for a high pitch sound will be disappointed.

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
lets hear some clips of the tials, ive only heard em on a turbo'd is300 before but i was assuming they'd sound the same.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts