Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the market to pick up the new 7675 Gen2 Pte Turbo and i am stuck on what exhaust housing would give me best results with regards to spool?

I was looking at the Open .81 and was wondering if that would be a good idea for anything looking to make 1200whp?

or, would a .98 divided setup be best? I am just trying to get the smallest housing that will get be better spool characteristics.

My plan is to rev to 8500 and i am not caught up on sustaining power past that to be honest. I would love myself a 6870 but i think that turbo runs out of steam quickly if i am not mistaken?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
96 spools amazing u need bigger imo
Is that what u switching to plawson

·
Registered
203 Posts
This turbo doesn't come with a divided housing does it? I thought it was open .81 or .96 only?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh really? That's strange. I guess I won't get the advantages of running a divided manifold.
The 7675 Gen2 GT42 style is rumored to be next, and would likely feature a number of different divided housings to pick from .98, 1.12, or 1.28 A/R . I honestly could not see any reason not to try the .96 open, depending on the rest of your setup, I think it's going to be wildly popular for the street and half-mile guys. This turbo is "rated" for 215hp more than my old 7175 which blows my mind.

http://www.precisionturbo.net/Street-and-Race/ss/1-200-1-500HP/details/Street-and-Race-Turbocharger---GEN2-PT7675-CEA®/600

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 7675 Gen2 GT42 style is rumored to be next, and would likely feature a number of different divided housings to pick from. I honestly could not see any reason not to try the .96 open, depending on the rest of your setup, I think it's going to be wildly popular for the street and half-mile guys.

http://www.precisionturbo.net/Street-and-Race/ss/1-200-1-500HP/details/Street-and-Race-Turbocharger---GEN2-PT7675-CEA®/600
Just got the impression that guys run a divided setup for quicker spool. So .81 is out of the question? Just too small to make that power i guess?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just got the impression that guys run a divided setup for quicker spool. So .81 is out of the question? Just too small to make that power i guess?
I've never seen a graph of any 7675 with the .81. I'm sure some of the tuners around here could chime in with one. How it would perform in your specific case has lots to do with the rest of your build. Buy it and let us know how it does at 40PSI? Haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts