Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didn't specify. I meant non-drag radial tire.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
I like the SO 3's , my car spins hard but moves forward as well..;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stickystuff said:
bfg drag radials are the wat to go for launching. they just suck in the rain and wear out quick.
What BFG DR's are you running? Have BFG Comp T/A P315/35ZR17's on the stang and they are pure shit for traction. These are not tires for cars making some high RWHP/RWTQ numbers.. best 60' on these tires has been a 2.1 so far launching at 3000 with 19psi in them.

A good non DR tire ive experienced with BFG have been simple BFG Radial T/A's.... have 295/35/15's on the 88 Stang and they get very sticky and hook pretty well. So far they havent broken loose too bad from a 3000 drop..with some heat in them, they hook very well.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i've never been to the track with these but i have some so-3 265 /40/17. I can full throttle almost all the way in 1st and 2nd all the way with the tires somewhat warm prior. 418 rwhp 433 rwtq.

·
3,148 Posts
My94Pony,

BFG dragradials are not going to be that effective at 19psi. You need to be closer to 15psi. This is from someone at Michelin/BFG who actually developed the dragradial.

If your using the non-dragradial Comp T/A than thats another story.

Later, Steve

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
The Bridgestone S03's work for me... I can't wait for the 305/25-19 to be available. That size is cuurently offered only by Pirelli.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jesus,
what were your best times on those street tires. I could not tell from the video on To4R if you were running slicks or radials. Your car spun really hard thats why I was thinking maybe you were on radials. From watching SWs video with slicks his car didnt seem to spin much, thats why im asking.

Phil

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wat about those toyo's eddie bello runs with. he did low 9s are they good for supra's too?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts