Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
One of the better all around tires I have found is the Kuhmo's. They are very good for all around traction and they last quite awhile and are one of the cheapest high performance tires out there. And too, how can you go wrong with a tire that says Supra on the sidewall? ;)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
i like my Sumitomo HRZ 2's cheap (88 dollars) 17x8 (235 45) and good looks, oh they stick pretty well too. way better than the bald pirreli's that came with the car...

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kumho Ecsta Supra's I have heard good and bad. I wish Dr. Jonezz would reply I wanna see what tire he runs with his autocross car (brown one).

G

·
0 Posts
I used to have bridgestone potenza RE-730 GEN II (before the crash) they were a great tire. not horrobly expensive about 110 a tire didnt have them long enough to find out the treadwear, but they gripped great and were awsome in the rain :)

·
0 Posts
I like the BFG KD. They are the best street rubber I have ran. The only bad thing is that they DON'T like rain. The S-03 are also very good. Kuhmo is great cheap tire, I will run the 711 instead of the 712.

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
I heard alot of good comments about the Yokohama AVS ES100 and the Kumho Ecsta MX. I'm pretty sure one of those two will be my next tires.

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
I'm running Falken FK-451's on my car and I'm very happy with them. Cheap and sticky, and seem to be wearing quite well.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
If you plan on doing 5 or more autocrosses per year, I'd buy separate R-compound tires and a spare set of wheels. In my experience, khumo victoracers have a longer competition life than most street tires (if you care about being competitive), while not costing much more. Reason being is most street tires get hard after extreme heat cycling, and loose their competitive edge even in street tire classes

For excellent wet traction, decent dry, and great tire life -- khumo ecsta supra 712's are hard to beat. And no, khumo doesn't pay me... anymore ;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Had the older S-02, older comp TA's, Dunlops and then a few others I try to forget (Pirelli...what hunks of shit). Loved many of them, until I met the bridgestones...whole new world of grip.

I run Pilot sports now..and you'd be hard pressed to get me to change, outside of the S-03, unless of course Michelin keeps jacking the price on me. I've never had grip like this on a street tire. Wet...nothing holds a candle, and great dry grip. The KD is untried for me, but the extremely poor wet manners I keep hearing about negate any slight dry drip advantage they offer (though if anyone wants to send me a free test set in 245/45-16, I'll be happy to put them through the paces:)).

Michelins are a bit better wet tire than the S-03 from what I've seen, and the Bridgestones are a little better dry.

Bob

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I am going to get the Yokohama AVS ES100's fairly cheap and overall good tire, I dont get snow here in the winter so yea that is self explanatory. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP ---> best wet tire I have ever had. THe BF Goodridge Comp T/As I had before sucked...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's can't be beat for the price.

for a daily driver that sees rain, street racing, and the occasional trip to the drag strip, the NITTO NT-555R is the best DR u can get. If you're more hardcore, get the BFG Comp T/A.

P

·
0 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD-3 . . . . I love these tires and talk about a cool looking tread pattern!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts