Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a good reputable tuner in the toronto area seeing as though i know i wont be able to find one in northern ontario i assume toronto would be my best bet. but open to suggestions. thanks in advance. i tried the search feature as well, but as well all know it's very hard to get what you want out of it. i was also looking into the new service mvp offers with the email tuning threw the AEM. was wondering if anyone has gone this route

·
Registered
543 Posts
just wondering myself if you know of any good tuners that could tune a Haltech, on a 94 TT Supra. in the GTA.

·
Sound Awake
642 Posts
^^ My tuner and I have been tuning via e-mail for my Haltech. I had him tune it on a dyno in Texas. We've just been exchanging e-mails to tweak a few things. Tuning via e-mail works great in my opinion!

Josh

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you had it on a dyno first hand before the email tuning started. what about us that dont have easy access to dyno's. tuning via email still realistic?

·
Sound Awake
642 Posts
so you had it on a dyno first hand before the email tuning started. what about us that dont have easy access to dyno's. tuning via email still realistic?
A friend of mine is doing a 6 speed/GTE swap into an SC300 and he asked me the very same question - tuning from scratch via e-mail.

I directed the question to my tuner and his reply stated that it was no problem to tune via e-mail. He's able to build a base map for your application and then you send your datalogs from various runs on the street and he'll tailor the tune to your needs.

That's the basics of it. If you're interested, I'd be happy to point you in his direction if you have more questions.

Josh

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm interested in knowing how much you pay to tune via Email?? how does he charge you? one charge? or evverytime he has to adjust the tune?

Also why did you go with the Haltech? and not a AEM?

Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know mvp offers a tuning service for 300 and then another 50 for any additional tune. but wasnt sure if anyone has gone through with it or not. but defiantly sounds like something i will be doing in the spring since there is snow here. and i have access to no tuners anywhere close to me unless i trailer from timmins to toronto which is like 8 hours away so i might just get mvp to tune then i'll drive to TO for a dyno.

·
Sound Awake
642 Posts
I'm interested in knowing how much you pay to tune via Email?? how does he charge you? one charge? or evverytime he has to adjust the tune?

Also why did you go with the Haltech? and not a AEM?

Thanks.
I believe it was a one time fee of ~$400. No additional fees for tuning after that.

I went with the Haltech over the AEM because I had read alot about the AEM V2 software giving some people alot of grief. I know it's alot of personal preference in the matter. And alot of it comes down to who is in charge of tuning, not the product itself. However, everyone I had talked to about the Haltech gave great reviews on it, so I went that route and my car runs flawlessly and it does everything I need it to do for my application.

They are both great ECU's and a fairly cost efficient way of obtaining an ECU. If the new MoTeC M84 would have been out at the time of my build, I would have went with that. :D

Josh

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I am looking to possibly bring Larry from Sound Performance to Toronto. When I decide I will post and see if other memebers in the GTA are interested in sharing some of the cost to get their cars tuned as well.

Danny

·
Registered
143 Posts
looking for a good reputable tuner in the toronto area seeing as though i know i wont be able to find one in northern ontario i assume toronto would be my best bet. but open to suggestions. thanks in advance. i tried the search feature as well, but as well all know it's very hard to get what you want out of it. i was also looking into the new service mvp offers with the email tuning threw the AEM. was wondering if anyone has gone this route

I would say Tony from dynamotorsports i posted a similar thread and Most people told me the same I am From sudbury not too far from you and i feel your pain i would not let no one touch my supra here either. I have been emailing Tony he has been helping me out telling me what to get for my single turbo and prices plus he owns a 900hp supra and if you look on his website he has done quite of few supras and other tuner cars he also has videos on youtube

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I am looking to possibly bring Larry from Sound Performance to Toronto. When I decide I will post and see if other memebers in the GTA are interested in sharing some of the cost to get their cars tuned as well.

Danny
So does that mean you finally found a reputable shop to rebuild your engine? Who did you end up going to?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts