Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf is now looking for a car. She would like a SUV and her budget is in the 60-70k range. She's been asking me to help her out with any ideas/input, but I'm from the poor side of town and I barely know anything of SUV's in this price range. I told her to pickup the range sport HSE just cuz it puts out a lot of power and looks pretty pimp, but I honestly dont know much more about it other than specs. She's also been looking into a barely used G500 wagon, but I think they look like old school lunchboxes. Here are her criteria:

a) reliability
b) style
c) comfort

Any thoughts on the range sport or others?

·
The Guitar Hero
205 Posts
Northof49 said:
Lexus GX470 or LX 470.

/thread

You're welcome.

PS Range Rovers are heaps of shit.

Get the hybrid Lexus.

2nd on Rovers being piles. I know a broker in Portland he bought a Rover for his showroom and let his wife drive it. He said he'd rather drive a Trailblazer. :rofl:

·
Registered
790 Posts
They are re-releasing the V10 turbodiesel touareg right now and will only be selling them through the end of the year.

550 lbs ft or something like that stock. My 05 V8 Touareg with air suspension and Nav was hands down the nicest car I have ever owned. considerably nicer than my old NSX-T which stickered at 2x the price. If I were dropping $70k on an SUV right now it would without any doubt be the V10 touareg.

-Ethan

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Northof49 said:
Lexus GX470 or LX 470.

/thread

You're welcome.

PS Range Rovers are heaps of shit.
oh wow... never knew rovers were that bad...

the design of the GX or the LX seems dated tho..

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
I'm pretty sure the newest '03 and up Ranges are not bad like the old ones. The old ones were definitely crap.

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 would be my pick and take the money saved and put it in mutual funds.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ebanks said:
They are re-releasing the V10 turbodiesel touareg right now and will only be selling them through the end of the year.

550 lbs ft or something like that stock. My 05 V8 Touareg with air suspension and Nav was hands down the nicest car I have ever owned. considerably nicer than my old NSX-T which stickered at 2x the price. If I were dropping $70k on an SUV right now it would without any doubt be the V10 touareg.

-Ethan
wow v10 vw... im not much of a vw fan tho. had bad experiences w/ the last gen jetta and audi s4.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
!^3 said:
I'm pretty sure the newest '03 and up Ranges are not bad like the old ones. The old ones were definitely crap.

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 would be my pick and take the money saved and put it in mutual funds.
The Grand Cherokee puts out some serious #'s.... 0-60 in under 5 secs and 415hp... but I dont think my gf would rock it. She wants something much more plush.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Lexus GX
Porsche Cayenne
VW Touareg
Mercedes G Wagon
BMW X5

Here's a good article on most of these:

Motortrend SUV

·
4,109 Posts
I hope she has enough money left over for gas:run:

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
I have the Lexus 400h hybrid - I love it. Rides smooth, ECVT transmission so you hear no gears shifting, but very fast for an suv.

I like the performance of the SRT8, but it looks, well, like a Jeep with bigger wheels.

The only other car I am considering is the new Mercedes ML AMG, but its around 80K and coming after summer.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i have test driven the v10 touareg...that thing pulls like a crazy mofo! but its not what she or you like... my dad drives an 06 porsche cayenne turbo...its nice you could find a good conditioned one for little over 70k (2004)... could be worth a peek...

the lexus, well my grandpa drives that (the hybrid) i love it, its so quiet! and the power is decent too.

i agree with you on the lunch box looks of the G.

My ex girlfriends father had the bmw x5 4.6 is (the "fast" one)...sounds very nice but bmw sucks cock...and the seats arent the most comfortable.

and the ranges interior sucks major balls...its all plastic...i test drove the SC 4.2 one...good power but its the wanna be range, or for young people, would be a good option for your GF, im assuming she is a young lady...

sorry bout all this talk...ive just had expieriences with most of these cars...i say go for the range, lexus hybrid or (only with nice rims and spoiler/roof thingy on the back...)the V10 Touareg!

im getting confused myself lol soz...im tired...hoping this could have helped...

Take care,
Yann

1 - 20 of 45 Posts