Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im looking at tires for the street, where I'm from (Denmark/Europe) it's popular to compete 100-200 km/h times.
So I'm wondering witch tires is the best for the street and this, thinking R888, M/T et street s/s, etc.
Car is making 1200+ hp through an automatic transmission.
Street wheels 19篓 (I have a drag setup, but not interested in driving this on the street)

I need to beat a 3,8sek (100-200km/h) TT Lambo with around 1k+hp 馃槄

/Danny

Super Moderator
Ideally 15in drag radials with a tall sidewall, but if you're not in the market for wheels to match those, I'd start with R888R's, specifically the tallest one you can fit. The 305/35/18 should serve you pretty well with a good alignment to keep the tire flat against the pavement when accelerating.

Master Shit Fixer
R888Rs are great tires...when they are warm. They need to be warm. Don't try to punch the throttle with cold R888Rs. Did I mention they have to be warm?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
So the R888 is a better choice than the M/T ET street ss??

Ohhh bitshftr, should they be warm before racing?馃ぃ

Registered
MT drag radials or Nitro drag radials have been the best for me on the street. I have a manual, not sure how the auto will change the Dynamics of 'the hit'. I also have a soft drag suspension

Super Moderator
So the R888 is a better choice than the M/T ET street ss??

Ohhh bitshftr, should they be warm before racing?馃ぃ
I haven't ran an M/T ET Street SS in 18in or 19in sizing yet, but looking up and seeing that the M/T ET Street SS is available in a 305/35/19 vs the R888R's 305/30/19, I'd go with the M/T's.

Taller is much better for straightline traction.

Manual cars tend to blow away tires and break shit a lot easier than Auto cars do. Auto cars have a much softer hit both on the street and on the track. Generally speaking, I try to avoid drag radials on manual cars. If it needs that much more tire I'd recommend wrinklewall 15's or 16's

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, I'm on a auto transmission. So until now the M/T ET Street SS is on the lead馃榾

Registered
I haven't ran an M/T ET Street SS in 18in or 19in sizing yet, but looking up and seeing that the M/T ET Street SS is available in a 305/35/19 vs the R888R's 305/30/19, I'd go with the M/T's.

Taller is much better for straightline traction.

Manual cars tend to blow away tires and break shit a lot easier than Auto cars do. Auto cars have a much softer hit both on the street and on the track. Generally speaking, I try to avoid drag radials on manual cars. If it needs that much more tire I'd recommend wrinklewall 15's or 16's
I may be wrong but I believe he is looking at roll race? A well setup auto can get up on the converter and full boost pretty quick in a roll which is a little different than a dig. Either way on the street I've had better luck with a DR than ply tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts