Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tom Henderson
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched some bit and didnt find to much. For all you drag racing guys like, Wotm, and Sound Performance and them. What do you guys think are the best DR's or slicks for the track to get maximum traction and get that instant hook off the line??

I am looking for the best tires to mount on some stock TT wheels for the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
855 Posts
I have heard that the new Mickey T. ET Drag Radials hook better then the ET Streets but I have not used them. I run the ET Streets in the 16" size and they work great. I know that they have a 17" size for the ET Streets and a couple of my friends have used them with great results. They were even pulling the same 60's as me but the only problem I saw with the 17" size is since the rim is so wide when you lower air pressure too much they tend to come off the rim.

Jerry
 

·
Supralicious
Joined
·
872 Posts
Titan's Supra is running BF Drag Radials. I'd say because most of the Street Tire Class is running BF Goodrich, go with them.
Another good choice is the Nitto NT555Rs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
New Mickey Thompson ET Streets or BFG drag radials is the way to go. Nitto is good for the street but not for the track.

Long,
 

·
It will never run...
Joined
·
584 Posts
mr2jzgte said:
Titan's Supra is running BF Drag Radials. I'd say because most of the Street Tire Class is running BF Goodrich, go with them.
Another good choice is the Nitto NT555Rs.

That is the worst hooking tire i've ever personally had experience with...lol. If you are looking for something that last a long time...maybe this would be your choice. But they do not hook... ET streets have a good lifetime. I usually only drove on them on the street, and still pulled some very good 60 ft's at the track when I went. CCW drag setup is the way to go.
 

·
Supralicious
Joined
·
872 Posts
I said it b/c I've seen so many cars around here with them and also because it is another choice. It can probably be the price too then. I personally have not had any experience with them or been in a car that's had them. I guess they aren't all that they're supposed to be.

Go with the BF Goodrichs then. That's what I'm going with next.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,999 Posts
Anyone here have experience with Mickey Thompsons Street drag radials???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
kevganzon said:
Anyone here have experience with Mickey Thompsons Street drag radials???
I had the BF Goodrichs before they worked pretty good at the track but when I tried the Mickey Thompson street drag radials 275-40-17 they hooked much better in every way. I got better 60ft times and while doing a couple of hard launches on the street my front bumper felt like as if I was above the air a foot or two......I couldn't hook on the Bfgs im never going to use BFgs anymore. I highly recommend these drag radials...they hook awesome like no other. Now im hooked I daily drive the Mickey thompson street radials
 

·
Medium Ballin'
Joined
·
3,024 Posts
A friend of mine with a 99 Z28 was able to do consistent 1.5x short times with 16" Mickey DRs. Pretty impressive for a stock suspensioned car, full weight and all... Wouldn't use them to drive on all the time, but for the track they're impressive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
94TTBPU said:
That is the worst hooking tire i've ever personally had experience with...lol. If you are looking for something that last a long time...maybe this would be your choice. But they do not hook... ET streets have a good lifetime. I usually only drove on them on the street, and still pulled some very good 60 ft's at the track when I went. CCW drag setup is the way to go.

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!! I break my nittos in my stock TT at stock boost, no kidding. I pulled the trac fuse and it was like I was on ice...

THAT'S A TERRIBLE TIRE, WHY IN THE WORLD SOMEMONE SUGGEST THAT???? :bigthumb:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top