Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
IMO 100 is too high. I always do mine right to Toyota spec and even on the track it's never given me any problem. Btw, it's in the little owner's manual if you still have it. The spec lug torque is either 72 or 75 ft-lbs I forget which, but that's so close you can go in that range and just make them all the same.

my edit: I wonder if you have aftermarket wheel studs like ARP whether that torque is different?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
76 ft/lbs is stock. torque them in the air so you don't stretch the studs.
Chris, how do you torque your lugs in the air? I always just snug all the lugs before dropping the car and then torque them. They would only stretch if the wheel wasnt seated against the hub before you started to torque them down, right?

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Chris, how do you torque your lugs in the air? I always just snug all the lugs before dropping the car and then torque them. They would only stretch if the wheel wasnt seated against the hub before you started to torque them down, right?
You're probably right, but I don't mess around. I just grab the wheel and hold it in place. :)

Alternatively you can lower it enough so that the tires brush against the ground to provide sufficient resistance.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I snug mine up tight but not all the way while it's off the ground ...you can get familiar enough with the torque after a while that you'll know just where to stop. Then I drop it and use the torque wrench for the last bit of tightening to the right number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts