Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an built Sp tranny with a 3800 stall and I want to add a couple of coolers before I put it in. For those of you that have done this, what is the best setup? How large of a cooler will actually fit? I've got a fmic so i'm going to use the stock ic location and the place on the drivers side by the washer resrvoir. I just don't want to order a bunch of stuff that won't fit.

·
Enter The Supra
1,903 Posts
I used the small fluidyne cooler that titan has on its website, bolted it right to the 7.5" spal fan and was able to fit that in between my condensor and fmic nicely. I'm not sure that fluidyne is still making that fan though. I just used the plug from the stock push fan and soldered the wires to the spal fan.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Do you know what temps you're running with one cooler and do you have a high stall?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I made my own kit with the biggest possible trans cooler I could fit in the passenger brake duct. the fluid goes in the factory cooler, then into this one then back into the trans.

here is a pic.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made my own kit with the biggest possible trans cooler I could fit in the passenger brake duct. the fluid goes in the factory cooler, then into this one then back into the trans.

Thats exactly what I want to do. Does that have a fan behind it and does it keep the temps down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts