Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the power bug bit me and I wanted to see what you guys think would be the best turbo to run on a cast manifold. Spool is always a concern, but I'm more interested in making more power. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot to mention, I have a T61 right now...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering I'll be having you guys (SP) throw in a fuel kit in the near future (couple weeks) w/850cc injectors, I'm thinking somewhere in the low 700HP range.

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
bludemon said:
Considering I'll be having you guys (SP) throw in a fuel kit in the near future (couple weeks) w/850cc injectors, I'm thinking somewhere in the low 700HP range.

The new SP SSGT800W would be the newest in technology!! 800 crank HP potential, full GT cartridge and it whistles!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Larry i would like to get one of these turbos but i want to know that there arent any better technology ones coming out soon. I am looking for a max of 650-700rwhp and the fastest spool possible. I also want loudest possible it sounds like this is the one for me.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
For the SP SS800W, is 800 crank possible by slapping just the turbo on? Or would cams, headwork, etc be also needed?

DakaDan

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...I think I might just have to pick one of these up too. How long will it take to get one Lar?

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
DakaDan said:
For the SP SS800W, is 800 crank possible by slapping just the turbo on? Or would cams, headwork, etc be also needed?

DakaDan

The supra engine can make 800 crank HP with stock cams and head. Dan, your 600+ RWHP through the auto is pretty close to 800 crank!!

All you would need is a good breathing engine and proper fuel to attain this #, same as any turbo. The turbos are rated in air flow and air flow corresponds to HP.

S

·
0 Posts
How is that turbo comparing to my T61 with .81AR ? Is it bigger or what?

Paul,

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
So what is the largest turbo that could be put onto a cast manifold before no more power gains are realized? Some say that 700ish rwhp is the max for the cast manifolds, but what if someone got a wild hair and slapped a "larger" turbo on it? Say for example the head would be extensively ported, and polished with 1mm oversized valves, as well as the intake manifold. Say also that the cams would be at least as aggresive as 272, 272. Would there be a point where you just couldn't make anymore HP because the cast manifold would hold you back?

Thanks,

Eric

4 digits

M

·
0 Posts
I am currently making 723 hp at the crank with a pfs cast iron manifold and an innovative gt61 dual ball bearing turbo. Not a popular choice but I love it, spools beautifully.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I believe from looking at the two types of manifolds the PFS has a much better flow than the turbonetics cast style that most of these guys are thinking of.
From the looks of the PFS it is actually assembled out of cast pieces, much like Rev-Hard and others have done for the Honda kits.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts