Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Na-T with TT head gasket. Havin some trouble starting it.
Its all tuned up, and once it starts it takes just a few minutes to heat up, and it idles like stock, and drive beautifully.

I guess Im just trying to figure out how to optimize a cold start. What kinda spark and fuel should I be running? I don't want to turn the car over 20 times to get it to catch.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Go to the AEM forums, they'll give you much more insight on this issue. It isn't specific to your car. Better yet, RTFM.

If your car doesn't start up immediately after "STAT SYNC" is coming ON after a couple cranks, then you are most likely either too rich or too lean. How do you know? Well the easiest way is to add fuel and see if it helps. Refer to the AEM Manual to find out which tables affect startup fuel and add fuel accordingly. If that doesn't help, then remove fuel!

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Get the car running good warm (Crank Injector Time table, etc). Tune it during cold start conditions. Start with the Warm Up Enrichment table

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car runs well warm, once it warms up, it no longer does the rpm fluctuation, where it would idle up, then down, then up and so on.

Is there a cold start table?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts