Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Heres the deal. Im buying an MKIV from out of state in ATL. Im havign ot shipped to me in CO. Now whats the best way for me to send the money to him and make sure the car gets on the trailer and shipped here? IS there some way i can load the money into a account so he knows its there. Then once i KNOW the cars on its way i grant access to the account for him to take the cash?

thanks, chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes there is a way to do this I cant remember for the life of me what it is called. I think the bank has to have you confirm that it is a good transaction before they let the money go... Talk to your bank about this, or his bank..

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Ok, heres my opinion since I was in the same exact position before. NEVER EVER, EVER, trust a person with a large amount of money, with that said, be smart and do it the legal way. Since hes all the way in ATL, make a "Sales Agreement" paper stating the WHOLE car deal details, from the price the car costs, mileage, etc. Sign the Sales Agreement yourself and get it notarized by a legal office, or even the bank as proof that you signed it. Send the paper to him and get him to sign/ notarize the paper and send it back. This way, if he tries to screw you over, you are covered and take him to court...plus you have a document with his NOTARIZED signature. As far as the payment goes, get all his bank info, make a deposit (whatever amount you choose), and then when you receive the car send the rest of the money. If hes a legit guy, he should have no problem signing the sales agreement, as well as sending the car. Make sure ALL the details of the sale are on the sales agreement (VIN #, color, make, model, etc.) Hope this helps.

·
Word.
394 Posts
Go through an attorney local to him and have the lawyer put it into escrow. Costs a hundred or two in lawyers fee's but cheap insurance. Or Set an appointment for pickup and fly out there.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i had the time thatd be an option. But i dont have time to take off and go get it. Jeremy Blackwell is doign the checkup for me. I guess hes very reputable out there. The guy selling it to me is Todd Dickerson. And hes sold 18 Supras so hes prolly just as reputable. Anyone know either of these guys?

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,520 Posts
I was gonna say try to find like some car company (my Gpa used to work at a Toyota dealership and he told me if I needed, they could ship it from a Toyota dealership and contact you by phone from there). But otherwise, Id say find a reputable shop to make sure the car is sent, and send your money to the guy after the shop says its on its way and after he says its everything the owner says it is. But I, too, dont trust people at all, and would not want to ship a car (or anything for that matter).

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
flyr3465 said:
If i had the time thatd be an option. But i dont have time to take off and go get it. Jeremy Blackwell is doign the checkup for me. I guess hes very reputable out there. The guy selling it to me is Todd Dickerson. And hes sold 18 Supras so hes prolly just as reputable. Anyone know either of these guys?
Is it that hard to get a morning saturday flight in and an evening saturday flight out to make sure the car gets loaded and the money goes to the right place. My guess is you're spending 20k+ so just take one day to make sure the transaction goes well.

·
Registered
391 Posts
flyr3465 - where at in CO do you live? I used to live in Aurora. I will be making a trip up there in May or June to visit.

Ryan

·
Registered
391 Posts
flyr3465 said:
Ryan? Guy who drives WOTM's 6spd 9 second supra?????:drooling:
No, this isn't Ryan Woon. This is his brother from different parents;) haha. I get my go-fast parts from Ryan(WOTM) in AZ.

You have any pics or info about the car you are getting? you can PM me the details.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Purchased my 97TT of Ebay and had the guy shipped it from Illinois to California via DAS without seeing the car (except for pictures). The guy came through and the car is in excellent shape...However, I still say that the best way is to see and drive the car..then make the deal with the both of you present.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts