Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to great lakes dragaway today after leaving sound performance (larry retuned my car for race fuel on my AEM EMS) and i have amazing news...

here is the detailed time
60': 1.628
1/8: [email protected]
1/4: [email protected]

mods:
intake, turbo back exhaust, greddy 3 core, 3400 stall on stock auto, cam gears, hks evc set at 19.3psi, AEM EMS + UEGO, hks DLI, MT ET Street Radial 28x11.5x15 and a little weight reduction here and there

on thursday, i plan on visiting SP and giving Larry a big hug! :bigthumb:

and to think a week ago i was still in 12s!

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
Is yours a red wingless, or a silver supra?
will you be out there this weekend? i live like 10 minutes from the track and am there alot.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Larrabee said:
Is yours a red wingless, or a silver supra?
will you be out there this weekend? i live like 10 minutes from the track and am there alot.
i am silver, with carbon fiber hood on welds/racing hart crs

im usually there on wednesdays, i like to get my passes and tuning in

this was me on opening day

rest of the gallery available here

·
4,109 Posts
What happened to your bumper???

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trashed it on a speed bump ( i live in the city of chicago, the streets are not sports car friendly)

short on cash for the time being (im an 18yr old student living on his own)

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Do you still have your stock bumper? btw, congrats on the times...now a new bumper :)

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
yes i was there opening day watching you run. scary stuff the track sucked out there and everyone was all over the place. congrats on ur times.
btw opening day you were under the hood when i came by and checked the car out (you were parked by the rest rooms) i was gonna stop and talk but i wasnt sure if you were in such a good mood.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
your car would probably be quicker with a shorter tire(26inch).. when you were asking about the sizes it wase'nt unil the end of the thread you said you were only bpu...so the 28's are a bit of overkill..

good run though...

jay

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i havent gotten the car dynoed the way it currently sits... but it was low 400s hp and low 400s tq last time i had it on the dyno... mathematically speaking, the car would have bout 479 hp with that trap, but thats not always right

as for stock bumper... that also got trashed on a speed bump downtown... (like i said, chicago is not sports car friendly)

future plans include a built auto trans, hks 264 cams, changing the rear end gear, and some mild headwork... it seems realistic for me to be able to do a 10.99 no nitrous if i can gear the car perfectly and get the suspension set up right

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
swearitsstock said:
i havent gotten the car dynoed the way it currently sits... but it was low 400s hp and low 400s tq last time i had it on the dyno... mathematically speaking, the car would have bout 479 hp with that trap, but thats not always right

as for stock bumper... that also got trashed on a speed bump downtown... (like i said, chicago is not sports car friendly)

future plans include a built auto trans, hks 264 cams, changing the rear end gear, and some mild headwork... it seems realistic for me to be able to do a 10.99 no nitrous if i can gear the car perfectly and get the suspension set up right
What does the car weigh in at?

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jaynite said:
what gears do you plan on putting in it? 4.27's?

jay
i havent decided yet... im going to do the math to see my rotations at the top of 3rd gear, factor in that im on 28.1 inch tall tires... then decide what kind of traps im looking at...
then ill decide between the 4.08 and the 4.27... that is unless i decide a OD shift would be ok

im not 100% sure what the car weighs in at currently... id say take a stock targa auto speed + 6pt cage - battery - spare - backseats = weight

i weighed in at 3750 last year at the truck stop on the way to GLD

·
Registered
504 Posts
Very impressive runs and good luck in your quest for 10's. You do however need some more eventful Wednesday's if that's the best of your life ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts