Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i know there are a few wideband companies out there. FJO, AEM, innovative, etc.

what do you think is the best wideband and why? what are your experiences with them?

i've had the FJO first gen with the big green digital display and i liked it a lot because it was easy to see. abit bulky but i liked the big #'s.

calibrating it on the aem was a bit tricky, but it wasn't too bad.

haven't really had any experiences with any other ones.

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
I saw a wideband review last year. Innovate and AEM finished on top.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I've had my FJO for a couple years and it works great (I use it with the NTK sensor). I have the round a/f display in my stock clock location so it's not what I would call a "big green display" but your opinion might be different. Otherwise, the NGK wideband is supposed to be a good bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
I have innovate XD-16, but I cant get it to read the same with AEM although I've switched grounding points etc..

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
IMO that shootout is biased and twisted. For example, "ease of use" for the FJO is rated "poor" and in my experience it is actually stupid simple...I set it first time very easily and haven't had to mess with it for two years now...other twisted facts in there, too. But the Innovative is OK just not the best.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
FJO FTW! NTK sensor = race gas.

can't use AEM w/ race gas

innovative gauge doesn't look good imo

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
I have innovate XD-16, but I cant get it to read the same with AEM although I've switched grounding points etc..

you can fix that with the offset feature. you want the AEM to have the same reading as your actual wideband reads. just get into the menu and adjust it in the AEM until they match.

·
Letterkenny
272 Posts

·
Engmaineer
2,408 Posts
Ive always heard different the NGK with the NTK sensor is suppose to be the most accurate on the market . . . plus it says it doesn't have an output. It does have an ouput wire. . . to feed to your aem or any standalone.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I have the NGK with the NTK sensor and it is awesome. Very fast and accurate.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I've had my FJO for a couple years and it works great (I use it with the NTK sensor). I have the round a/f display in my stock clock location so it's not what I would call a "big green display" but your opinion might be different. Otherwise, the NGK wideband is supposed to be a good bang for the buck.
I bought my FJO with the round a/f display 2-3 years ago as well. I am still on the same NTK sensor and I have ran alot of C16. However, recently my display started having problems. Parts of the numbers will go missing and you can't tell what is being displayed.

Has anyone heard of this happening before with the round display???

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
...Has anyone heard of this happening before with the round display???
Do you think you might have bumped it hard? Or is it someplace where it gets unusually hot? ...I don't mean like Louisiana hot, I mean like engine bay hot or near a heatsink or something like that.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have my display in my dual gauge pillar pod so no heat problems. I haven't tried to unplug it/plug it back in yet. I hope maybe its a loose connection.

·
Supra Perfected
225 Posts
I bought my FJO with the round a/f display 2-3 years ago as well. I am still on the same NTK sensor and I have ran alot of C16. However, recently my display started having problems. Parts of the numbers will go missing and you can't tell what is being displayed.

Has anyone heard of this happening before with the round display???
Interesting you mentioned this, just recently (before I switched to HKS AFK) my FJO would do this also. If you tapped on it a couple times, the numbers would appear fine. Other than that, the FJO with NTK sensor was one of my favorite wideband's I've had. I guess we could call FJO and ask what the deal is with the gauge.

Dave

·
1,070 Posts
I'm happy with my first gen FJO. It's easy to use, I can do datalogging with a cheap Palm Pilot, and I don't have to worry about using race gas. The only thing I would change is the ugly display, the Innovate ones look much better.

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
you can fix that with the offset feature. you want the AEM to have the same reading as your actual wideband reads. just get into the menu and adjust it in the AEM until they match.
Yeah, I've thought about that. I've calibrated it through the Innovate SW that both would get the same voltage, but I think I'll have to adjust it so that it will match 100% even though the voltage might not be linear any more.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I've had my FJO for a couple years and it works great (I use it with the NTK sensor). I have the round a/f display in my stock clock location so it's not what I would call a "big green display" but your opinion might be different. .
Nick, I think he is talking about the original box display that came with the FJO kits. I have the same boxy display that I have to mount on my steering column so it is kinda bulky :)

Otherwise, same notion here......have been using the FJO w/ NTK sensor for quite some time now without any issues.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts