Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do these tires handle for highway pulls? i know your not supposed to drive too fast for to long because of heat issues but how are they for you guys in these situations....im talking like a 20-30 second highway pull or something like that....

·
Registered
859 Posts
Dude, why the hell would you need to be racing @ topend speeds for 30sec ????
Where are you racing to.......BFE and back?

I have them and I've hit top speed within 10-12 sec on highway pulls.....they are just fine.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
No problems, I along with my buddy have 315's comp TA's and we hit like 160mph pleanty times in one night, have no issues but DO NOT RUN if you know a turn is comming up because it can get hairy because of the soft sidewalls. I run mine at 32psi on the street and they hook incredible.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybee 20-30 sec was a little exagerated.....i just ment high speeds in general for x amount of time.....i can def. feel them sway on turns at moderate speeds...i was just wondering how stable they are for highway racing

·
Registered
152 Posts
Where the Vegas guys do highway rolls, we hit anywhere from 160-200 mph. Yes, that fast, no exaggerations. The drag radials hook good, but we run low pressure on them to make them work even better. Also, hazing the tires in 1st and 2nd to heat them up just prior to racing works good to bring them up to speed.

I currently run around 20 lbs. for races. That may seem low, but it actually improves the ride and stops the tires from breaking free so much. As was already mentioned prior, you DO NOT want to go into a corner with these tires at speed. Hope this helps.

CARGASM

·
Registered
152 Posts
SUPRA180 said:
maybee 20-30 sec was a little exagerated.....i just ment high speeds in general for x amount of time.....i can def. feel them sway on turns at moderate speeds...i was just wondering how stable they are for highway racing
Oh, one more thing. 20-30 second durations are all we do on the drag radials and they hold up just fine. Races are anywhere from 30-60 mph as a starting speed to as fast as you can go of course at the end. Garth had to be right at if not over 200 mph last time he raced the busa.

CARGASM

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
CARGASM said:
Oh, one more thing. 20-30 second durations are all we do on the drag radials and they hold up just fine. Races are anywhere from 30-60 mph as a starting speed to as fast as you can go of course at the end. Garth had to be right at if not over 200 mph last time he raced the busa.

CARGASM
Thanks good to know. I was worried about doing over 160 on these tires too, but my assumption is as long as you slow it back down quickly, they should be ok. It would obviously not be pretty to have a blow out at over 180...:(

Has anyone blow a BFG DR due to high speed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts