Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doin some research between both tires. The BFG's are slightly sticker in compound but the M/T's are softer. Which one lasts longer (track use only no street use)? # of passes before they become useless? which one hooks better? Which would you recommend over the other? Many are saying Mickey Thompsons are better and others say BFG is better. I think M/T's are more expensive too over BFG's.

They will be goin on a pair of 16x9 98 NA wheels for drag racing and considering 255/50/16R (26x10.5r16)

Can anyone give me advice on either tire that they've used or heard about?

All input is welcome :)

Kevin G.

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
I've had a few friends go LOW 1.5 60' times on MTs on 16" rims...

Everyone I've talked to who went from BFG to MT praised the MT.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Yep.....I went from BFG to MT and they are so much better.

Jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would have to agree..MT's are a much better tire. Less Wheel Hop and they hook very well.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the info guys. I guess Mickey Thompsons are better than the BFG DR's in regards to traction/hooking on launches.

Is it safe to say that Mickey Thompsons are better in traction but BFG's have longer tread life???

·
Registered
560 Posts
kevganzon said:
Thanx for the info guys. I guess Mickey Thompsons are better than the BFG DR's in regards to traction/hooking on launches.

Is it safe to say that Mickey Thompsons are better in traction but BFG's have longer tread life???
Buy another set of wheels and just swap the DR's at the track.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TOP SPEED said:
Buy another set of wheels and just swap the DR's at the track.
I believe i specified that twice. :rolleyes: The tires will be "track use" only - meaning i will only put them on when i get to the track, only be used there and taken off when before i leave. "no street use". I am trying to get comparisons between the BFG's and M/T's for "track use only" and trying to find out which last longer & which hooks better.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
bigmike said:
I've had a few friends go LOW 1.5 60' times on MTs on 16" rims...

Everyone I've talked to who went from BFG to MT praised the MT.

i have gone 1.5x 60 fts on 17 inch nitto's :dunno: thers alot of varibles...track prep could be shit one day and great another and that in itself would make a world of difference... I never used the bfg's and will shortly be testing the 17 inch et street radials i have now.... they are like night and day on the street though, that much i can tell you...my nittos were garbage on the street, no matter what air pressure i ran... at the track i ran them as low as 15psi...

jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts