Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i´m thinking about buying these for my 10.0x18" wheels.

I´m thinking about either getting

BFG P275/35ZR18
or
BFG 295/35/18

Then i will be going to the 1/4 mile with my Supra. Do you think i will get any grip with these and what kind of time and 60ft could i hope to get ?? Let´s say i´ll try few runs on 18 psi pump gas and then try 28 psi and C16 Race gas

Do you think i will get any traction on High boost ?

Here´s my setup

6-Speed Targa

BL 71mm GTS .81 A/R Single turbo kit
PHR stage 2 Fuel System/ 850cc injectors, 1x Denso and 1x Walbro pump
AEM EMS - 2step will be setup to build 17 psi
Greddy 3-Row FMIC
HKS 264 Cams
Crower Springs and Retainers
BL 4" Dp and 4" exhaust
Boost Logic Crank Pulley
Titan Motorsports Cam gears
HKS DLI-2 Twin Power Ignition Amplifier
ARP Head Studs
HKS Racing BOV Type 2

RPS Stage 3 with 6-puck Sprung Hub Disc
Fidanza Flywheel

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
i'm sure you can get traction, just have to really practice the launch. a friend of mine ran 9.91 with 295/35/18's with the exact same turbo you have but his car is an automatic.

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm sure you can get traction, just have to really practice the launch. a friend of mine ran 9.91 with 295/35/18's with the exact same turbo you have but his car is an automatic.
what was his 60ft ?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Those are very good tires. See my sig for my results with them.

·
Hardtop Crew
6,384 Posts
there really nice they grip everything. I drive them daily its grabs like a slick the rocks and shit stick right 2 it!:)

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much tire pressure did you guys have in them when drag racing ?

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
they are good tires for roll racing on a 6 speed but as far as coming out the hole hard and getting good 60s it will take alot of clutch slipping and practice. depending on your set-up, they might give you wheel hop as well.

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
they are good tires for roll racing on a 6 speed but as far as coming out the hole hard and getting good 60s it will take alot of clutch slipping and practice. depending on your set-up, they might give you wheel hop as well.
I agree with him^^ about good tires for roll racing which is what I do mostly but I havent taken mine to the track yet but I think I read somewhere that the BF's are bad for wheelhopping. Good Luck at the track!!!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
how much tire pressure did you guys have in them when drag racing ?
that i can't tell ya cause i never asked him. i agree with what was stated above for a 6-speed car it's gonna be hard for you to get off the line with them. you would be better off getting yourself some et streets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts