Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a couple problems lately...

Ever since I bought my MkIII it has leaked oil from somewhere, smell it everyday every now and then, not espescially excessive. I had a mechanic friend look it over and he said it's probably the valve cover gasket thats leaking it.

However, recently a new problem has surfaced. After driving my car for 20-30 mins or just generally pushing the motor, it will begin to smoke under the hood, white smoke. The t-stat doesnt show the engine overheating, but my coolant light is constantly on. Seeing smoke billowing out of my hood above my fenders troubles me, but I continue to drive it. I have to top off the coolant level about once a week, and the light does not ever go off.

I inspected my engine bay while it was smoking and it appeared the smoke was coming from the rear of the block, but I wasn't able to determine from exactly where.

Any input would be exceptionally helpful!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
no possibility of a BHG.
you are seeing smoke and losing coolant more likely because you have a hose with a crack/hole in it.
There is a 90° hose at the back of the block. go get your coolant system pressure checked.
Also you can look for signs of leakage by looking for where coolant could spray and dry leaving some residue.
oh ya, and the coolant light, thats leting you know that your coolant level in your Resivior is low, fill that up and it should go away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts