Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well luckily it started up after i got everything back together. after finding all my coolant leaks (loose hoses) and driving it to the gas station then back, it feels like my car is really hot still. the radiator and upper coolant hoses are to hot to even touch for more than 3 seconds. so i just got a new water pump and hopefully that will make things a little cooler.

when i drove to the gas station and then back one hose was leaking because i forgot to put a clamp on it........would this cause it to be really hot like it was???

before i did this job my car backfired/sputtered/popping sound came from the engine/exhaust. now its the same if not even worse. when this happens it actually shakes the engine and sounds like it wants to just shut off and die. anyone ever have this problem? its really annoying

thanks for the help so far!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, nothing from the overflow bottle and my temp gauge did not want to work after i got everything back together. im mainly worried about the overheating because i drive longer distances and its only driven in the summer.

if anything happens with the overflow bottle, i can hear coolant gurgling (coolant overheating??) and it goes into the overflow bottle.

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
I would recommend an aftermarket temperature guage. After I installed one I realized how useless the stock one was. Oh...and even an engine at normal operating tempeture is going to be hot to the touch. Don't forget to refill the coolant after the first test drive because the thermostat opens.

Dennis

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
Dark006 said:
before i did this job my car backfired/sputtered/popping sound came from the engine/exhaust. now its the same if not even worse. when this happens it actually shakes the engine and sounds like it wants to just shut off and die. anyone ever have this problem? its really annoying!
AND...I would check the cam timing and ignition timing. If thats ok my guess would be the cps. But its just a guess. Do you have new spark plugs?

Dennis

·
Bring it.
489 Posts
How does your engine wiring harness look? My car used to do the same thing (sputter, pop, backfire, even shutdown) when I had bad leads to the O2 sensor. It was all harness related though. Pick up another temp sensor from a junkyard, or test your existing sensor to make sure it's broken before you replace it, could just be your harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts